Author Topic: Chicken Wings & Raw Eggs  (Read 730 times)

Offline Vera Doc

• Site Member
Chicken Wings & Raw Eggs
« on: June 28, 2008, 10:49:52 AM »
Can anyone give me some advice on feeding the pooch with chicken wings and raw eggs?

Call me stupid (no I was only joking!) but what about the bones in the chicken wings?

& whats the score with the raw eggs, is it safe, how many, how many times a week?

I know I know questions questions!

Offline LesleyW

• Site Member
Re: Chicken Wings & Raw Eggs
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 11:15:23 AM »
RAW chicken wings are absolutely fine - many of us use them as part of our dogs BARF diet.  To a newcomer tho, you might find you have to cut it into sections or smash it with a rolling pin first!

Eggs, again I feed them raw - 1 - about 2-3 times a week, with her breakfast. again as part of her BARF diet.

Never feed cooked bones - ever.
Never feed cooked and raw together!

Theres loads of info on here about BARF, if you really want to take it seriously, otherwise a wing a day for breakfast perhaps, will help keep your doglets teeth clean and fresh ;)

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: Chicken Wings & Raw Eggs
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 03:38:14 PM »

Just to add (as I didn't know at first) raw eggs can be given whole!! It's great to see them chasing it around the garden trying to smash it before eventually eating it!!

When we first gave Honey eggs, she would eat all the shells, now she doesn't eat the whole shell (I think cos she gets plenty of bones these days!!).

:D
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020