Author Topic: Pepper has worms..  (Read 1175 times)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
Pepper has worms..
« on: July 07, 2008, 07:07:57 PM »
wiggly thin small ones.. yuk. got all of them drontal from vets and theyve been medicated.
 pepper is the only one who seems to have them. what I want to know is from where? they were all wormed 2 months or so ago. Its a real fight to get pepper to take them I hide them in food  poke them down her throat , nope she kacks and gags and spits them out. brat so I hid them in yoghurt. they went hopefully where they should go. the other two are far easier to fool with pills. shove them in a bit cheese and they are gone.
 shes a brat for sheep poo and has been bellowed at for munching on birds. poor things, so were these round worms or tape worms??  as I say  they are wiggly thin things about 1cm long. white. one was trying to escape before I poo bagged it! now am off to wash all bedding . yeeuck!

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Pepper has worms..
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 08:32:42 PM »
Sounds like roundworms - tapeworms tend to resemble grains of rice.  She could have easily picked up eggs from the ground or eating dead things. Wormers will only clear what is there - theoretically, they can just go on reinfecting themselves.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »
Oh im afraid my worm phobia would kick in and id have to move out of the house for a week or two!  :005: Hope they clear up soon!  :blink:

REUBY DOOO!

Offline barnacle

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 09:20:09 PM »
My kids had them last week, threadworms, we all had to be dewormed I was nearly sick.

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 09:55:49 PM »
dogs beds are in boil wash. anything else I should do?

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 10:00:32 PM »
No idea what else to do Jean - hope the drontal does the job  :D

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 10:07:27 PM »
how long till they die? inside pep I mean? she only started pooping them out on sat, vets closed so had to wait til today to get pills. they were v wiggly and at least 2-3 in each poo. shes been scoffing grass too.
 not ill tho. poohs normal colour no itchy bum.. what is the life cycle of a worm they have eggs do they? or do those little poohed out wiggly bits look for a new home. ie eaten by a bird or something??
 must google the blighters.
 found this..
http://www.vetontheweb.co.uk/pet-clinic-detail.asp?id=209
 still cant make my mind up if its round or tapeworm. does tapeworm wiggle in 1cm bits?

Offline Spaniel Girl

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 11:13:33 PM »
I read that sheep poo gives dogs worms, it was in one of the dog mags a couple of months ago and it was John Burns of Burns food who was replying to a letter,  I also asked a local sheep farmer if it was correct and she said that sheep are full of worms and do pass them on to dogs. 

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 11:23:35 PM »
I remember a few years back I had a springer spaniel pup that was from a farm (not a puppy farm - a working one) and this poor little blighter was only home one day and when i got up the following morning it had puked up what looked like spaghetti only it moved - he was due a visit to the vet so I took offending matter with me and they was worms - which i was told by breeder(?) he had been treated for - trouble is I cannot remember now what sort - all I know is they was 'orrible >:D, luckily not seen the like since
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 11:24:33 PM »
If they were made up of segments, then they are likely to be tapeworm but if not, roundworm
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 11:29:24 PM »
it looked just like spaghetti before it is cut - so roundworm aye - how nice :'( poor little chap
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.