Author Topic: Skirt  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Skirt
« on: June 26, 2004, 10:48:51 PM »
I am doing my best to groom and trim Indie myself, she hasn't been the groomers for a while now.  I have noticed that her skirt, doesn't seem to grow very much :?   Is the skirt, normally so slow to grow, I haven't trimmed it atall, does it work like human hair, the more you trim the better and thicker it grows?  Also is it ok to use a coat king on the skirt?

Thanks                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Skirt
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 10:58:48 PM »
ahh good question :) Ive had the exact same problem I was thinking the exact same as you so i decided to trim it a tiny bit the last two times ive given bella a trim it seems to be getting thicker .mabe its the answer . id be interested in the  replys too  :wink:                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Skirt
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 05:54:34 PM »
Just bumping this up incase anyones missed, I really need help with her skirt, or I shall have to go back the groomers :roll:

Please please help someone :wink:  :D                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Skirt
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 06:16:01 PM »
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - I posted a reply to this yesterday :cry:

can't rememebr exactly what I said. It was along the lines of some grow long skirts, others don't. Jasper's will reach the floor if we let it Buddy's doesn't. Keeping it trimmed - on the edges gives a sharper finish which makes it look thicker. If you have a profuse skirt - then you can use the Coat King to thin it out a bit.

hth                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Skirt
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 08:06:49 PM »
):D Aww thanks Pammy!  Think I will definately need to thicken it up a bit, its looking a bit scraggily (if thats a word :roll: )                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Skirt
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 10:45:23 PM »
Just to back up Pam's comments.
Like feathering, all skirts vary in length and thickness, but by keeping the wispy bits trimmed it will create a thicker looking skirt.
This might sound a bit Irish (no offence to anyone) but there is a grooming expression which is... "trimming it shorter to make it look long" meaning by creating a 'block' of hair it looks fuller  :)