Author Topic: Can you over do it?  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Can you over do it?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2004, 11:00:53 AM »
Re the coat king, it depends what you mean by overdo it - it has blades yes, so once you've pulled out the dead hair that lies on top of the coat with it, if you carry on using it, yes it will start actually cutting your dog's hair - but it wont go any closer than the blades allow if you know what I mean - it's like using a clipper with an attachment on it. So it can only go as close as it was designed to, you cant end up with bald patches as such :D Of course, if you dont use it evenly, all over, then you will get patches in the coat, or sometimes grooves  :wink: And then of course, many people think that using the coat king to cut your dog's coat rather than pulling out the dead hair is akin to using clippers, and may result in the coat becoming thicker and curlier - in that sense, yes you can overdo it with a coat king, so personally I would only use it when the coat starts to look as though some dead hair needs to come out i.e. wispy bits! :D

One of the strange things about sing the coat king for me is, Daisy always gets dandruff straight after I've used it, on her back  :?

Another good piece of grooming kit is the de-tangle comb - i find this a GREAT help for combing through feathers on Daisy's legs - it's a comb where the teeth are spaced further apart than the spratts, but the teeth swivel and if you pull it through gently on a frequent basis, you will avoid tangles in sensitive places such as the armpits  :lol: