Author Topic: WAG & BONE SHOW  (Read 1189 times)

Offline correna

• Site Member
WAG & BONE SHOW
« on: August 14, 2004, 11:29:02 PM »
Well how hot was it today!!! POOR DOGS  :cry:
What a lovely day especially meeting Charlie spud, frisby and owners also lots of over cockers and owners who were all brave enough to mention the COL forum hoping that people didn't think they were all cuckoo  :shock:   :shock:

Bailey is still absolutely shattered even though I carried him around nearly all day.
The show itself was good although my one complaint was the rescue dogs stall, they had a trailer with some of the rescue dogs in cages in the back, not only was it extremely hot for these dogs, but to have hundreds of people all walking past gwaping at them was distressing for the poor dogs.

As some of you know, my Mum is getting a rescue cocker in a couple of weeks from Westhatch in Taunton, and there policy is that the public are not allowed to wander round and view the dogs as the dogs get extrememly stressed which leads to unnecessary barking and distress for them.
As everyone was dog lovers today I wondered why this was necessary as it was sad to see, these dogs were snapping at people understandably, which obviously did not do the dogs any justice.

I am sure I am rambling now as it is late, but I felt quite strongly about this, as if people wanted to rescue a dog, this was not the way to portray the way to go.

Correna  :?                    
Correna & Bailey