Author Topic: 2009 Photo Comp Discussion Thread  (Read 26119 times)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
2009 Photo Comp Discussion Thread
« on: April 28, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »
Well that woke you all up !  :lol2: Just to let you know that this year's competition is coming soon so it's time to dust down those cameras.

In the meantime we are trying to raise some money to buy rosettes to award to the top 5 in each class, plus ones for BIS and RBIS. If anyone would like to help out there's currently a raffle for a set of 4 sandblasted Cocker coasters here...

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=59050.0

Update - all tickets now sold. Many thanks to everyone who bought one.

EDIT  - The photo competition is now open HERE and the fundraising for The Oldies Club can be seen HERE.

Good luck everyone !  :D

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: 2009 Photo Comp Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 07:25:44 PM »
 :P  :P  :P

Got all excited seeing this....  >:(
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 07:31:26 PM »
:P  :P  :P

Got all excited seeing this....  >:(

Just building up the anticipation - 'good things come to those who wait' and all that.  :lol2:

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 08:21:42 PM »
 I can donate a set of crystal glasses with cockers on  for prizes  or raffle. let me know what you want colin. xx jean

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 09:46:08 PM »
I can donate a set of crystal glasses with cockers on  for prizes  or raffle. let me know what you want colin. xx jean

That's really generous of you, thanks Jean.  :shades: It looks like the coaster tickets will sell out, so that will cover the costs of the rosettes - but we will be fundraising for the Oldies Club when the competition gets under way so you could raffle them then, or send details to Cob-Web who will be organising and co-ordinating the raffles and auctions.

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 10:21:57 PM »

That's really generous of you, thanks Jean.  :shades: It looks like the coaster tickets will sell out, so that will cover the costs of the rosettes - but we will be fundraising for the Oldies Club when the competition gets under way so you could raffle them then, or send details to Cob-Web who will be organising and co-ordinating the raffles and auctions.
done! :luv:

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
Don't think I'll be entering the 2009 comp
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 06:36:17 PM »
After reading posts about the comp, I dusted off the camera and headed out to the beach. First attempt was yesterday and the tide was that far out my feet were aching by the time we got there. When I threw the ball the water was so shallow Charlie barely got his paws wet ::).
Undeterred I came home checked the tide times for today and off we went at high tide. I threw the ball in for Charlie to get a few times which he did willingly. Then I got the camera out threw it again, but unfortunately it hit a wave a went under momentaririly so Charlie lost sight of it. I kept throwing sand towards the ball to try to dierect him to it, (camera still turned off) and eventually he got it, I then turned round. The sea had come in around us and I was standing on a little island of sand  :embarassed: Luckily I had my wellies on and braved it back to shore, but I was soaked, I then proceeded to take a few pictures, and yes you guessed it they are all rubbish  :005:  :005:  :005:

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Re: Don't think I'll be entering the 2009 comp
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 06:42:49 PM »
Have another go. ;)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 06:53:10 PM »
Get back down there - there's still time to get "that" shot  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline starboy

• Site Member
  • Theo and Apollo
    • Starboy
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 08:17:30 PM »
Sounds like great fun  :005: :005:
From the Darby family

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 08:21:25 PM »
That happened to Jo and I on a walk a few months ago, we were at the beach and we had stalked some unsuspecting woman with a cute working Cocker so we could talk to her and see her dog ph34r  and then we got so carried away chatting that none of us realised that the sand bar we'd walked out across had become a rapidly-shrinking island :005:  We had to wade back, the other lady was only wearing trainers and got soaked, Jo was wearing low boots and got wet feet and my boots were just about high enough to keep out of the water but after about 3 steps I realised that one of them was leaking so I had one dry foot and one squelching one by the time we got back to the shore ::) :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 09:39:13 PM »

Better luck next time Cdpops - we'll be having an Outakes thread in New Rogues again for such mishaps.   :lol2:

Photo comp & fundraising unveiling will be tonight at midnight ! Be there or be square.  :lol2:

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 09:41:22 PM »
Be there or be square.  :lol2:

After two late nights in a row consuming copious quantities of wine, I'll be square, I'm afraid, Colin  :lol2:  I'll be around first thing in the morning, though  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 09:43:30 PM »
Silly question I expect but how do you enter photo's for the competition please ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 09:46:22 PM »
Oooh I love looking at everyones photos.  :D Looking forward to this, we can have a full on cocker fix every day for weeks  :luv: