Author Topic: Uncertainty?  (Read 596 times)

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Uncertainty?
« on: August 30, 2004, 09:51:43 PM »
Alfie, Cleo, Livvy enjoyed a lovely day out at the seaside yesterday. It was Alfies 1st visit since the beach photo in the gallery.. and probably his 1st 'day out' since then as well. We'd have taken them sooner, but Cleo and Livvy had both been spayed not long after we snatched him back, so now all tums are nicely healed, we thought we'd take em all to the seaside.
Livvy and Cleo took off along the beach as they do, and Alfie ran with them for a bit, but kept coming back and nosing my hand.  
I realised after alittle while that he wanted to have his lead put back on. It seemed to take any uncertainty away from him and he seemed more relaxed. We then put him on a flexi lead, then progressed again to letting him off.
I thought it was really interesting that he should feel better with his lead on than free. I think it must have been the hugeness of the open space that made him unsure.
He did enjoy himself and eventually ran and played with Cleo and Livvy, and every dog he met on the beach.  
Has anybody else come across anything like this? Every dog I'v ever known can't wait to be 'set free'  
Our old lady used to do a runner when we got her lead ready to put back on after a day out.

Alfie is making me laugh at the minute, 'cos he is snoring away and his tail is wagging frantically. :D

Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
Uncertainty?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 10:02:26 PM »
:D ive not experienced this with mine , it must be a phase, cockers like to have these phases lol :P  :D  
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

ziggy

Uncertainty?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 07:35:07 PM »
my jasper nearly chokes to get off the lead, :blink: he just can,t wait to be set free :lol:  

ziggy jasper and mabel xxx