Author Topic: Big Girl Now!  (Read 1081 times)

Offline mum of kimmi

• Site Member
  • some days are harder than others!!
Big Girl Now!
« on: September 09, 2004, 01:55:48 PM »
Yes you've guessed it!  Kimmi has come into season :D

We thought she had over the weekend - off her food and all she wanted to do was stay in her bed.

Found a couple of 'spots' on the floor and at first thought perhaps she had cut herself on something.

Spoke to another cocker owner in our road (they have a dog) and they said they thought something was up, as everytime they had walked passed our drive, scooby wanted to come and visit.  This is unusal for scooby, as he normally just wants to get down the fields at the back and be let off the lead.

Well today confirms it.  Lots of spots on floor when I got up this morning.  Kimmi not very happy and keeps on crying :( .  I feel sooo sorry for her but hopefully she will feel better in a couple of days.

Kimmi's mum

Offline josiek

• Site Member
Big Girl Now!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 02:10:58 PM »
:D Now you'll have to have the 'birds and bees' chat with her!  ;)  

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Big Girl Now!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 02:13:02 PM »
Awww poor Kimmi, hope she's feeling better soon, I'm sending a big (((hug))) her way. xx
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline mum of kimmi

• Site Member
  • some days are harder than others!!
Big Girl Now!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 02:15:39 PM »
yep and at only eight and a half months!!

Now I suppose the fun really starts (how do you keep a lolloping great big labrador away from your front door?)

No seriously though, we lost our last dog to a nasty womb infection called pyometra, and she lost her fight within 24hours.  The vet did say that if she was a young dog, they would have done an emergency hysterectomy, but as she was 13 it wasn't worth putting her through the operation.

We have therefore decided that as we do not wish to breed from Kimmi, at the first available opportunity she will be spayed.
Kimmi's mum