Author Topic: Which Food To Feed Two Cockers?  (Read 740 times)

Offline padandmurph

• Site Member
Which Food To Feed Two Cockers?
« on: October 29, 2004, 11:10:19 AM »
Can anyone give me advice as to what to feed my two cockers.  I've got a 20 month old and a 15 week old and would ideally like to get them on the same food if
possible.  At the moment the oldest one, Paddy, is being fed on tinned dog food with mixer and the youngest one, Murphy, is being fed on Eukanuba.  I'm finding the Eukanuba quite expensive - it seems I'm always popping to the pet shop for yet another bag.  

I took Paddy off dried food when he was a puppy because he ate my son's sock and was off his food, the only thing I could get him to eat was tinned and he's stayed on it ever since.

I'm going to the pet shop today to buy more supplies and thought I may as well get something they could both eat to introduce slowly.

Thanks in advance for any advice.  What a worry these dogs are!!!!!  

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 01:38:14 PM »
Hi!

When we got Molo at 10 weeks (he is 5 months old, now), we were advised that he should be fed food especially designed for puppies while he was little, as they have different nutitional needs at this age than once they are adults. So you may have to buy diferent foods for them for a while.

I use Nutro, the brand advised by Molo's breeder, but I know that there are several currwent threads about the different types and brands of food people use - I think the choice is based on how the dog thrives and personal choice.

Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 02:47:22 PM »
I have to admit that mine will eat anything i put infront of them. They are on a combination of dried food and tinned tesco own meat with mixer. and they woolf either down. We have had a kennel food before - they ate that - but i like the thought of them getting their chops round a nice meaty dinner!

You may need to gradully introduce a new diet for your dogs - not like my little cement mixers!!!!!!
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 03:02:12 PM »
Cement mixers :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline PennyB

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 06:12:41 PM »
I use Burns. You can feed them on minibites as a pup and an adult. Its expensive but good and you really don't give them that much (mine gets delivered as a 15kg bag).

Autarky are good and cheap as there's no VAT on it. CSJ are good and reasonably priced (only get it online) and they were very generous with their samples (link below):

CSJ linky thing
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!