Author Topic: OH just found a cocker stray... HELP!  (Read 11390 times)

Offline Jenna

• Bailey Boy!
Re: OH just found a cocker stray... HELP!
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2010, 04:26:04 AM »
Yes, she is tiny. She doesn't look small in her solo pics- until you put her next to a hooman or bailey (who i thought was reasonably sized until Saffron came along- he looks huge and stocky next to her dainty self) She was not used to a collar and didn't understand what the lead was for- and why it kept stopping her from running about- but she has done really well considering. She gets excited when she sees the lead now, and sits like a good little pup for me to put it on for her. When she feels it starts pulling, she will slow her pace to be nearer to us. She's still eating so fast though, and it's starting to worry me as Bailey has picked up the habit now as well.

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2010, 06:50:41 AM »
I've managed to miss this, and have just read all 11 pages, holding my breath!!

What a gorgeous little girl, she was obvioulsy meant to be with you. I'm sooooo happy for you, well done for being such a kind a caring family, and well done to OH for not ignoring her, like so many people have.

Congratulations on your new arrival x x x :luv:

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2010, 08:43:44 AM »
Only just seen these! She's soooooooooo sweet :luv: :luv: What a happy smiley little girl :luv: Her eyes look so big in that dainty little face  :luv:

So glad you got to keep her, what a very happy ending for all of you and a great solution to finding your second dog! :luv: :luv:

x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline maggieann

« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2010, 11:27:53 AM »
She's still eating so fast though, and it's starting to worry me as Bailey has picked up the habit now as well.

You could try hand feeding her or perhaps put her food in a treat ball, that would slow her down. I did it with my dog, as when we got him he had a few problems with food. :D
Torin & Me

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

Offline Jenna

• Bailey Boy!
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2010, 12:01:24 PM »
She's still eating so fast though, and it's starting to worry me as Bailey has picked up the habit now as well.

You could try hand feeding her or perhaps put her food in a treat ball, that would slow her down. I did it with my dog, as when we got him he had a few problems with food. :D

Will try that- Thanks  :D I have tried the flat bowl thing to no avail.  ::)

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2010, 12:37:47 PM »
My two inhale their food ::) but they've become a bit better as they've got used to eating with each other around - she might be really bad at the mo if she's worrying about Bailey and competition IYSWIM - so you could try feeding them in different rooms for a while to see if that helps - if you're not already doing that :blink:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Offline Jenna

• Bailey Boy!
« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2010, 12:45:29 PM »
My two inhale their food ::) but they've become a bit better as they've got used to eating with each other around - she might be really bad at the mo if she's worrying about Bailey and competition IYSWIM - so you could try feeding them in different rooms for a while to see if that helps - if you're not already doing that :blink:

Yes, I'm feeding them in seperate rooms as Bailey gets snappy when it comes to his food (especially the last week as he still has his stiches in from the snip- he gets irritated easily when he is uncomfortable) I'm hoping they will get used to each other and he won't snap at her after he is entirely well, and they can eat in the same room eventually. Here's hoping  :-\

They sleep in the same room (on seperate beds) but play and wrestle together with no problems.  :dunno:

Saffy is not interested in toys at all, which I suppose is just as well cos Bailey is very protective over his beloved Stuffed animals (and bones, and ropes, and chews, and balls etc etc...)

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2010, 01:07:14 PM »
They sound like they're doing really well together, time does really help them get the hang of each other too :luv:

My two were in separate beds until Dave was about 1.5-ish I think, they slept in separate rooms until he was about 8 months as he was such an annoying wotsit as a pup ph34r ::)) but they've been sharing a big bed for about a year and a half now and love snuggling up together - although I think Normy would be just has happy with her own space :lol: but she does like to use Dave as a pillow so it works for both of them :005:

Dave was possessive over toys and food etc but Normy's not bothered - she won't let him take her food but she'll usually give up toys or sticks etc and he ALWAYS has to take everything she has ::) but it works quite well having one that's not that interested - or happy to give them up as there are never really any spats - so your two should be able to work things out between them brilliantly as time goes on :luv:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Offline Jenna

• Bailey Boy!
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2010, 01:43:49 PM »
They sound like they're doing really well together, time does really help them get the hang of each other too :luv:

My two were in separate beds until Dave was about 1.5-ish I think, they slept in separate rooms until he was about 8 months as he was such an annoying wotsit as a pup ph34r ::)) but they've been sharing a big bed for about a year and a half now and love snuggling up together - although I think Normy would be just has happy with her own space :lol: but she does like to use Dave as a pillow so it works for both of them :005:

Dave was possessive over toys and food etc but Normy's not bothered - she won't let him take her food but she'll usually give up toys or sticks etc and he ALWAYS has to take everything she has ::) but it works quite well having one that's not that interested - or happy to give them up as there are never really any spats - so your two should be able to work things out between them brilliantly as time goes on :luv:

That's what I'm hoping for... but early days yet so not getting overly worried about it at the mo.

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2010, 08:43:03 AM »
ANOTHER ONE THAT MISSED THIS  :embarassed: red it from start to finish with my heart in my mouth im sooooooooooo happy for u guys  :lol: it was just sooooooo meant to be welcome to COL saffron hope to see plenty more of u  :luv:
congrats guys on your new addition  :clapping: