Author Topic: Devastated....disaster with gloss paint!!!!!  (Read 2692 times)

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
Devastated....disaster with gloss paint!!!!!
« on: January 26, 2011, 11:18:07 PM »
Well I don't know where to start really as I have been putting off posting this as I am still in bits over it and feel rather ashamed and guilty although it wasn't really my fault :-\
Anyway to cut a long story short last week Belle and Monty got into the shed :-\ (the door is a bit dodgy ph34r) I went to bath Evie whilst they were playing outside and during this time (about 10 mins ) they had managed to get into the shed, whilst there they knocked down a shelf containg a large tin of white Gloss....
When I came down from bathing the baby I called them in and in they came head to toe in Gloss :o :o :o >:D
Anyway I didn't know where to start with the pair of them and needless to say after 10 mins rolling around in it it wouldn't come off, the groomer managed to fit them in as an emergency (luckily they were unharmed by their experience and after a telephone conversation with the vet the groomer was called).
Unfortunately despite her valliant efforts ,8hrs :o :o, they have both been completely shaved ph34r :'( :'(
Those who know me will know that the shaved sheep look is def not for me but thats what I have got :'(
To say I am devastated is an understatement :'( Monty's hair takes forever to grow so I don't know when he will look 'normal' again at the moment he looks like a minature scooby doo ph34r, Belle hair is fast growing so more hopefull there. Please don't ask me to post pics as I can't bear the thought of taking a pic of them like they are , I am walking them in the dark and places where there are very few people as it is ph34r
I know I should be grateful that they were unharmed heath wise and I am but it doesn't stop me longing for their lovely coats back :'(
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: Devastated....disaster with gloss paint!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 11:23:02 PM »
:bigarmhug:  They are unharmed - that's all that matters  :-*

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 11:24:51 PM »
These things happen. At least they are ok :luv:, their coats will grow ;) :bigarmhug:
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 11:32:09 PM »
Oh dear, I'd be upset too I can imagine how you feel,  but at least they are not harmed in any way and their coats will grow.  You will be laughing about it in a few months time the little monkeys   :005:  ;)

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 11:32:38 PM »
They're coats will grow back Jo   ;) :luv:
:bigarmhug:'s to the two little tinkers & hope they have learnt from their adventure  ph34r

(we had a cat that jump right in a paint skuttle once  :fear2:  luckily it was full of emulsion & not gloss but boy, was that difficult to get out of his coat   :013: )
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 06:58:55 AM »
i agree and i bet you will make sure your shed is secure in future,  ;) i am always on at my OH, he goes in our shed and often leaves the door ajar  >:D >:D >:D
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 07:47:15 AM »
 If it had been my two they would have walked it all over the carpets and sofas and trashed the house as well!! I bet they're not in the least bit bothered about their new look and are probably wondering why they are only allowed out after dark -  Wishing them speedy regrowth!  :bigarmhug:
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 07:53:51 AM »
Aww bless your heart Jo   :bigarmhug:
As others have said... their coats will grow back and at least they are unharmed physically, which is the main thing  :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 08:09:23 AM »
So Glad they are ok - the little beggars >:D

Bet you had some mess to clear up in your shed aswell :o

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 08:56:29 AM »
i agree and i bet you will make sure your shed is secure in future,  ;) i am always on at my OH, he goes in our shed and often leaves the door ajar  >:D >:D >:D
Yes it was my OH who left the shed door open  >:D and of course he now says that they look lovely >:(
If it had been my two they would have walked it all over the carpets and sofas and trashed the house as well!! I bet they're not in the least bit bothered about their new look and are probably wondering why they are only allowed out after dark -  Wishing them speedy regrowth!  :bigarmhug:
Luckily as they have a baby gate on the kitchen door it was only on the kitchen floor, I hastily got them back outside :005: It came off the floor easily enough I know it could have been a lot worse.
Thank you all for your lovely comments you have made me feel a bit better about it  :luv: I know that I am very lucky they were unharmed it could have been a lot worse and their health is of course the most important thing but I can't help but feel sad about their lovely coats, they of course couldn't care less :005: I really felt for the groomer too she kept ringing me and saying things like, I can save one of Belle ears but I am not sure you would want me too, bless her :lol2: I was being so irrational about saving their coats I was very tempted to shout'save it ' down the phone :lol2: If I had done that each time she phoned they would have ended up with one fluffy leg threee shaved , skirt one side, half a skirt on the other :005: :005: Oh well if I pluck up the courage I will take a pic so I will have a before , during and after for when I can look back and laugh :-\ ;) Thanks again :luv:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 08:56:38 AM »
The main thing is that they are unharmed, but I really understand how devastated you feel about their coats :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 09:59:03 AM »
Aw bless!  I've had gloss in my hair before and I spilled it into the bath, all entirely my fault though.

Hair grows back, they are both happy and safe and that is the main thing.

Now banish OH to the shed for 24 hours and he must tidy it all up and cocker proof it before he is allowed back into the house  :005: ph34r
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline Mittens

• Rock Steady Eddie
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 03:24:22 PM »
Oh Jo - I'm so glad they were both unharmed but I do understand just how you feel about their coats  :bigarmhug: If it makes you feel any better, we took Eddie and Ruby to the groomer at the weekend - Eddie had his usual hand strip but Ruby was so matted she had to be shaved and we've lost her skirt, chest fluff and lovely ears too  >:( - i felt so guilty, but she'd been back to her 'first' family for three weeks over Xmas and while we were on holiday and they hadn't tried to fight with the brush with her like I do  :005: I'm getting used to it now and think she looks cute - but she couldn't care less!! It grows back (I keep telling myself)  :luv:
Tracey, Eddie and Ruby

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 03:47:06 PM »
The main thing is that they are unharmed, but I really understand how devastated you feel about their coats :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Same here  :D
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 04:10:44 PM »
sorry :005: sorry :005:
Just been reading about ginnyb's mum.   So the image in my head of your 2 did me the world of good :005: :005:
Even so you must be so devastated, a cocker nice coat is what we all want.   Have you asked them if they are cold? :shades:
regards from Julie & Kez