Author Topic: Devastated....disaster with gloss paint!!!!!  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Noodle

Re: Devastated....disaster with gloss paint!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 05:00:54 PM »
As others have said, at least they are unharmed, although I do think you should post photo's so we can
reassure you how lovely they look  :D
Nic, Tess & Bella x

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 06:18:10 PM »
Oh Jo - I'm so glad they were both unharmed but I do understand just how you feel about their coats  :bigarmhug: If it makes you feel any better, we took Eddie and Ruby to the groomer at the weekend - Eddie had his usual hand strip but Ruby was so matted she had to be shaved and we've lost her skirt, chest fluff and lovely ears too  >:( - i felt so guilty, but she'd been back to her 'first' family for three weeks over Xmas and while we were on holiday and they hadn't tried to fight with the brush with her like I do  :005: I'm getting used to it now and think she looks cute - but she couldn't care less!! It grows back (I keep telling myself)  :luv:
Thanks Tracey :luv:. Belle looks quite cute she reminds me of a lab puppy but Monty looks like a mini scooby doo and he is soooo muscley and all you notice about him is excuse me but his meat and 2 veg which look hugely out of proportion ph34r :005: :005: I hope Ruby's grows quickly for you too ;)
sorry :005: sorry :005:
Just been reading about ginnyb's mum.   So the image in my head of your 2 did me the world of good :005: :005:
Even so you must be so devastated, a cocker nice coat is what we all want.   Have you asked them if they are cold? :shades:
Glad I cheered you up ;) :lol2: I have had to buy them coats as they must be feeling the cold after losing so much hair?
As others have said, at least they are unharmed, although I do think you should post photo's so we can
reassure you how lovely they look  :D
I am trying to build myself up to it ;), it may help me to look back in a couple of weeks and then I will see some growth to cheer me up, heres hoping :blink:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 06:45:10 PM »
Aw poor you  :-* Millie had to have a complete shave when I got her as she was so matted.

Just take advantage of a few weeks where your house doesn't get quite so messy  :lol2:.

Millie

Offline Choc-Chip

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 07:30:34 PM »
OH NO!! Sorry to hear this. It must be awful for you. On the upside though at least it didn't harm them. Hope their coats grow back very soon.

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 08:17:38 PM »
I am sorry Jo but this made me laugh out loud the thought of the unsuspecting you letting them in and there they were BOTH dripping in gloss cracks me up. They are such nosey little tinkers and I can well imagine both Bella and Jasmine doing this as they have to cause mischief in pairs. They cant help but shove their noses in things that should not concern them. and Yes its usually OH's fault!!!
I too would be devastated to have them shaved, its not a look that I want for my dogs either but you really had no choice as it won't wash out.
I had once painted the dining room radiator and my daft old GSD went and leaned up it, she was covered in paint and the radiator had a nice furry finish. I can remember not being very impressed at all  >:D which is why I can probably laugh at this as I have been there!!!
Little monsters  :luv: :luv:
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 08:28:13 PM »
Where are the photos  :005: :005: :005:

sorry  :005:
Amazing Grace Jalankiu    5/9/2009 18/5/2022

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 08:29:42 PM »
Where are the photos  :005: :005: :005:

sorry  :005:
Meanie :P you just want to laugh at my naked Cockers :005: :005: :005:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline GinnyB

• Mali, my gorgeous golden girl
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 11:32:03 PM »
aww I'm so sorry you have lost their lovely coats but just think of all the extra time you will have in your day now that you don't have to do much grooming for a while. I'm sure they will have a nice coat to show off sooner than you fear. Glad they were not harmed  :-*
Elsie my beautiful bluey

Offline seaangler

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 11:38:37 PM »
Glad to hear there both O/K and unharmed...

Its a good job they can not read as its says on the back of the can of paint better resorts when two coats of paint are applied.... ;)

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 12:20:46 AM »
Its a good job they can not read as its says on the back of the can of paint better resorts when two coats of paint are applied.... ;)

It was two coats......Belle's and Monty's  :rofl1:

Sorry  ph34r couldn't resist You do know that this is one of those "someday you're going to look back on this and laugh" moments

(pics of them with the gloss on would have been even more fun...for us anyway  :lol2:)
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2011, 07:49:03 AM »
Awww bless them! The main thing is they are safe and well!!

Send me a PM if you want to borrow 2 equafleeces to keep them warm til their coats grow back - mine hardly ever wear theirs so I could pop them in the post.

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2011, 08:54:28 AM »
Awww bless them! The main thing is they are safe and well!!

Send me a PM if you want to borrow 2 equafleeces to keep them warm til their coats grow back - mine hardly ever wear theirs so I could pop them in the post.
Aww thats really nice of you :luv: But I have bought a pair of cheap coats to see them through as they don't usually wear them they only need to last for a short while, but that was really thoughtful Thankyou :bigarmhug:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline SandraD

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2011, 05:49:57 PM »
Oh crumbs Jo only just seen this poor Belle and Monty (and poor you!!).  As everyone else has said the main thing is that both doglets are ok, their coats will grow, but I really understand why you were so upset.  Sending everyone hugs. x

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 11:19:47 PM »
so sorry to hear this thank goodness they didnt try to eat it. You kept them lovelly I think I would have cried.I remember when the groomer shaved Jenny off and left tram lines all over her and I wads devasted  and I dont think she liked it either. Penny still think she is a puppy they will be soon 2 but Belle having a partner in crime it is double trouble. .
Penny Black Jennys niece