Author Topic: From junior to adult kibble  (Read 449 times)

Offline eelliott

From junior to adult kibble
« on: June 29, 2011, 09:19:32 AM »
Hello,

Jasper turned one year old in early May, and up until that point he was on JWB junior.  Last week I needed to get him some more food, and I noticed on the junior packaging that Jasper should now be on the adult food, so I bought the adult JWB.

The problem is now that Jasper won't eat the JWB adult kibble, I give him kibble mixed with tuna, eggs etc but he is eating the tuna etc but spitting out the kibble and just leaving it.

Should I revert back to the Junior version because I didn't have a problem with it, or should I perseve and hope if he is hungry enough that he will eat it.  I have checked his mouth and teeth and I can't see anything wrong or have I got a fussy eater?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Evelyn

Offline wendyt

Re: From junior to adult kibble
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 03:32:28 PM »
Hi Evelyn
Murphy my 2 year old WCS is still on JWB Junior. We have tried a few different foods to try to get weight on him but ended up on JWB Junior with NatureDiet on top and this suits him. He has started to fill out which I'm pleased about, but there's not an ounce of spare fat on him.
If I was you I would give JWB a ring and ask their advice, I've found them very helpful in the past.
Indy my other WCS is one year old in July, again he is another very lean dog so he will stay on Fish4Puppies until he starts to fill out which could be in another year.