Author Topic: Early risers -_-  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Emilyoliver

Re: Early risers -_-
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 08:54:45 PM »
May be an age thing (6 and 9), combined with a bed thing (we share the same bed  ph34r), but mine get up when I do  :luv: :luv:.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Carol09

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 10:59:50 PM »
At first we rallied round our boy  :luv: got up at ridiculous hours, but as time went on I'm afraid the dogs will get up when we decide to get up, they may be bootiful but I am not bootiful if I don't get plenty of sleep  :005:

I was meant to add Jay is 3 in Jan and Duggie is 2 now.

Offline Snoopy

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 06:48:56 AM »
My puppy who's 6 months old wakes up every morning between 4 and 5 a.m. I get up and take her for a wii no talking or eye contact but she thinks it's get up time. I come back to bed because who in their right mind wants to get up and play at that time in the morning?? >:D
I've tried ignoring the barking which only gets worse then it starts the other one off, I've shouted "quiete" over the bannister which has had no effect at all and I've gone down stairs and tried the "what do you think your doing" scare tactic :o but nothings working. OH then gets up because he can't stand it anymore!
I know it gets better because I've had a puppy that's done all this before but this time it's a long time coming ;)

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 07:45:08 AM »
Gosh seems im lucky  :005: My Lickle Diesel is just over 5 months old (  :fear2: where did all the time go )

Diesel goes to bed at 11pm weekdays and wakes up when i go downstairs at 6:45am (although i must say that sometimes he just fops out his bed and onto the floor next to it like a zombie for belly rubs and kisses and then flops back into bed and trying to get him to get up and go to the toilet can be a drag as when he is tired he just looks at you and refuses to get out of bed)

At weekends he goes to bed about 1am latest and can sleep through til 11am or when i wake up without any crying or howling.
Although i must say we have been very lucky with Diesel as iv never had to get up during the night for him and he is now

I certainly have a cocker that is not a morning cocker  :005:  :luv:
My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 08:20:19 AM »
Last year when Alfie was 13mths we went away for a long weekend break to a lodge which was all on one level. At night Alfie was left through in the lounge/kitchen but he knew we were on the same level so would start scratching continuously and thumping on the door at 5am each day and I had to get up and settle him or eventually let him through to the bedroom as I didn't want the door damaged. When we came home the 5am door scratching/thumping continued here (but had never happened before the break) and I was getting weary at the constant extra early starts. I asked for advice here and tried the ignoring technique suggested as the door was already marked and it's our own property and it worked in a matter of days. Whether Woody sleeps in the same room or elsewhere I would be having a shot at ignoring tactics though it might be hard initially if he's in the same room. Alfie sleeps in the kitchen.

Offline Vicki

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 08:38:28 AM »
Conversely Sally was in a bit of a strop this morning because OH and I got up 'early' to watch the rugby.

Generally she likes to be let out for a comfort break at 7am, and then will go back to bed for a bit more snoozing until 8.30 or 9ish.

Offline Choc-Chip

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 03:46:13 PM »
Siam Woody sleeps in the kitchen too with our other 2. I would definitely try the ignoring tactic but OH can't stand the barking and is too soft with them so would rather get up at these stupid hours just for the peace.

I however have left him barking before for about 10 mins then he gives up and I get about another half hour in bed which I then don't mind getting up.

Trouble is, the barking doesn't stop after 10 mins anymore and the other 2 join in. Then it becomes a barking and howling fest! :005:  >:D

Good job we're detached is all I can say...

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 04:05:05 PM »
When Ruby was little and crated overnight i used to get up at 6.45 and it would be quiet when i went downstairs,i couldn't see if she was awake as there was a blanket over the crate.
As i started moving around in the kitchen i would then hear her shuffling round in the crate then i would let her out for a wee.TBH,if she did wake early i wouldn't have heard her anyway.  :shades:
I think she learned just to relax in the crate as OH would get in from work at various times in the early hours,but would never interact with her and the crate was kept covered so she couldn't see him.

Now she's older and not crated,she comes up to our bedroom when the boiler clicks on at 6am and dozes in her basket until i get up,but every time i move,turn over or stretch she comes boinging down the side of the bed as she thinks i'm getting up,i just keep my eyes closed,pretend i'm asleep and she gets back in her basket.

She is really good though as on the odd occasion i lay in until 8am she doesn't pester or make any noise.  :angel:
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline karen488

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 04:05:28 PM »
Darce gets up when we do. OH leaves early she stays asleep. My 10 yr old gets up early (he's always been an early riser and now am reaping the benefits) lets her out and makes me a cup of tea  :luv: :luv: She has never barked or whined before we've got up. Am quite sure the next pup will wipe the smug smile right of ny face  :005: :005:

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 04:12:33 PM »
. Am quite sure the next pup will wipe the smug smile right of ny face  :005: :005:

:lol2:  :lol2:

People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Dimples

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2011, 10:24:37 AM »
Morning!

I think we must be quite lucky as Robbie seems to sleep until we move.  :D.  He has just turned 8 months.

He sleeps next to us in his bed on the floor and sometimes jumps up at me or hubby for a kiss and what he hopes for is for us to lift him onto the bed. Anything prior to 6.00am weekdays is a no no but as our alarm goes off at 6.15am he jumps straight up to us for a cuddle. Once he is on the bed and has had a kiss and cuddle he snuggles down again - until we get out of bed at 6.45am.

Weekends - very similar - he sleeps until we sleep. Certainly never cries to go out for wee. When it has been warm he has got wrestless and wanted to go downstairs for a drink.  This weekend we all slept until 8.50am!! However that is unusual and i would normally be up by 8am.  Robbie dozes in the day but doesnt sleep loads.

Had he slept downstairs as we originally planend then i imagine we'd be up very very early as he doesnt like to be alone. :D
Denise - lucky mum of gorgeous (and cheeky) Robbie xx

Now 9 years old

Offline Katie_and_Millie

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 11:15:29 AM »
Millie was doing really well, sleeping through the night and waking around 6.30am. 

Now though, she wakes up at about 3.30am and has to go out, and then again at 5am.  I don't know what to do.  She has had tummy problems and I'm trying to sort her food out, so hopefully once that's settled she'll be better.   :huh:

Offline woody

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 10:20:03 AM »
last couple of weeks it's been half 6 and it's driving me mad.

I'd give my right arm to sleep until 6:30 :005:

Our little boy, also a Woody, begins his woofing at an unearthly 5 >:( I can quite happily ignore him but Nicola can't & she isn't best suited to getting up at stupid o'clock

Though he'll do a wee at whatever time we take him out, he can wait until 6 - 6:30 don't know what's best for us all to do?

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 10:26:14 AM »
Oo I know...
Jamie, you need to get up with
Woody :luv:and see to all his needs
and let Nicola get her beauty sleep :005:
(Hee-hee not much help then!)
steffxxx

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 10:44:49 AM »

I certainly have a cocker that is not a morning cocker  :005:  :luv:

Same here with Jinley, we can go to bed with her at 10 (just after her last wee) and she nuzzles me at around 8 for a wee.  Then we are having a lazy morning (like this morning) she is back in bed asleep until about half 9 until I get up.

It is quarter to 11 now and because its raining, we haven't yet been for a walk and she is fast asleep after her breakfast!

Pat