Author Topic: Internet Connection  (Read 7279 times)

sweetie

Internet Connection
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 09:21:24 PM »
we are on aol,and i must say up untill about 6months ago everything was fine,now,we just get cut off whenever :blink:and   sometimes the connection freezes,it,s a real pain in the rear ,it annoys me .i pay the money by direct debit,on time,surely it,s not to much to ask to get the service in return :)

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Internet Connection
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 01:48:50 PM »
I'm on Telwest broadband. Started with dial up and progressed to broadband. Been with them for about 3 yrs and I haven't had a problem with the service.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Internet Connection
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2005, 11:31:41 AM »
I'm with Telewest (Blueyonder) Broadband, as soon as your computer is switched on, you're straight online, no need to connect, been with them for a few years now without any problems!

Offline catwillow

• Site Member
    • http://www.lapislumina.co.uk/
Internet Connection
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2005, 12:25:46 PM »
We have bt broadband......... didnt have any problems at all until we changed our sky digibox a couple of weeks ago, now it wont work when the digibox is connected to the phone line......... Bt have said that we need to get a filter and that our old sky box should  have caused the same problems, but it didnt!  :huh:  Was wondering if you had sky and if that could be causing the problems?
Hugs n stuff

Sheri  XxX
Lilly, Murphy & Sally xxx

Offline Sass

• Site Member
Internet Connection
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2005, 01:22:59 PM »
We have Sky and AOL!!! Nightmare combination  :angry:
Sass and Alfie xx

Offline ReadingSteve

• Site Member
    • Buddy
Internet Connection
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 10:03:21 AM »
I've only once used ADSL broadband and I know that the line filter thing was really important.  I'm a bit confused about the "no dial tone" message though, because I didn't think that Broadband needed a dial tone in order to make a connection - it works in parallel with the voice messages on your phone line, so should work whether your phone is on or off the hook.  I suspect that you may need to get a local "geek" to come have a quick look at your configuration to see if something is connected in the wrong place.

We have NTL broadband - provided along the same cable as the phone and TV, but from what I've heard, a much superior service to the ADSL broadband that you get with a BT line.  We've been with NTL since last August when we moved into the house and so far we've not had many problems. There was one occasion when the broadband stopped working and we were going to have to wait several days for an engineer. I complained bitterly and got a partial refund AND they came and fixed the problem within a day after all!
Live Long and Prosper!