Author Topic: HELP!!  (Read 995 times)

Offline Adzloz

HELP!!
« on: June 19, 2012, 05:20:05 PM »
Hi guys
I am thinking of changing from royal canin to wainwrights (pets at home) but will be going from 2 3/8 cups 235g to 150g and worried he will be even worse at scavenging - socks pants black banana skins you name it he will eat it - we are learning him to leave and drop but he is so quick!!!! Help!!  >:D

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
Re: HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 06:20:45 PM »
Please don't take this the wrong way but wainrights isn't a very good food it is full of fillers which are of no use to the dog so he might end up pooing more than normal  ph34r can I ask why are you changing his food ???

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 07:34:04 PM »
Please don't take this the wrong way but wainrights isn't a very good food it is full of fillers which are of no use to the dog so he might end up pooing more than normal  ph34r can I ask why are you changing his food ???

I think you might be thinking of a different brand. I don't feed Wainwrights but it's not a bad food, on a par with JWB ingredient wise. I would feed it before I'd feed Royal Canin Medium Adult to my dogs.

Wainwrights Adult Duck and Rice ingredients:
Brown Rice (38%), Duck (30%) (Duck Meal Meal, Duck Gravy), Barley (14%), Sugar Beet Pulp (8%), Rapeseed Oil (4%), Whole Linseed (3%), Alfalfa (1%), Minerals (includes Yucca Extract 200mg/kg, Marigold Meal 50mg/kg, Rosemary Extract 5mg/kg), Seaweed (0.5%).

Royal Canin Medium Adult ingredients:
Corn, poultry protein (dried), corn bran, wheat middlings, meat dried (beef, pork)*, animal fats, wheat, animal protein (hydrolysed), beet pulp, fish oil, minerals, yeasts, soya oil, yeast hydrolyzate (source of mannan-oligosaccharides).

To the OP as a general rule the better a food the less you have to feed of it as the dog gets more out of what's given. The quantities on the bags are only guidelines though, they're not set in stone. Adding vegetables is also a good way of bulking out food and making them feel like they're getting more.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline carol b

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 11:25:31 PM »
A lot of people at my training classes use skinners as do we. 

Offline Sula

• Raisin
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 07:11:05 PM »
Hi there, My first post on the forum - but we are going to be the proud parents of a black puppy in 5 weeks and met him yesterday for the first time. The breeder currently feeds him the Arden Grange puppy food - which is great as we have a dog already and use Arden Grange too. It is brilliant for him as he has a sensitive tummy and the Arden Grange causes no problems :D

I have linked the web site here and we buy it from Pet Planet as the prices are generally good. http://www.ardengrange.com/index.asp

I took a couple of pictures but as we were in quite a dark room and he is black the camera didn't focus  :'( When we go back I will try again and post on the other forum  :lol2: