Author Topic: Using A Crate  (Read 2307 times)

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Using A Crate
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2005, 10:20:32 PM »
Hi there
The crate and dog gate were the best buys we made when we got both of our pups!  :)
The crate was put up in our second living/dining room and is still there over 18 months later  ;) . It is used every day (at night) and in the day sometimes if they are going to be left alone for a bit.
I can honestly say we have NEVER had a sleepless night  :D  since they came home but we put that down to getting two pups at the same time. Not always recommended but it worked in our situation!

They both love their crate and I love having the upstairs a dog free zone - as does Mylo our old grumpy persian cat who retreats upstairs when he's had enough! (I have to say tho he is good at standing his ground normally!!)

If you don't mind having your pooch upstairs then do what feels right but if you would prefer the dog to be downstairs when its an adult then I suggest you start as you mean to go on as it will be much harder to re-train an older dog to start sleeping downstairs if its used to going up with you at night. :)

Cheers Janey