Author Topic: 8 weeks old and the breeder said to only feed 3 meals.  (Read 3709 times)

Offline flower1

Re: 8 weeks old and the breeder said to only feed 3 meals.
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2012, 06:50:17 PM »
I still have Toby's diet sheet from when we brought him home. If you like I can send it to you if you pm your email address?
Lucy (28.5.1997-11.05.2010) & Toby (6.2.2010) :luv:

Offline cockerdoo

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 10:32:39 AM »
Just seen this post, when we collected our puppy she was on Bakers  :o so we put her onto JWB as soon as possible, but found her poos quite runny so eventually I got her onto Burns which suited her fine.  I was really surprised that the breeder was using Baker's, but to be honest all the pups looked great and Autumn has turned out to be a really healthy girl. 

Offline Honormum

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 11:54:12 AM »
Hi.

We've had Teddy checked over at the vets today - he's had his first jab, flea treatment and half a worming tablet. The vet said it wouldn't do him any harm. :D

He asked about diet, so we told him that we've moved over to JWB and he was happy with that.

Teddy weighs 2.5 kilos and is "very pretty", according to our (male) vet. :luv:

I'm going to give the breeder another week, regarding the KC reg stuff and then contact the KC direct.

Thanks for all your help and advice - so appreciated.xxx

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 12:09:27 PM »
Hi.

We've had Teddy checked over at the vets today - he's had his first jab, flea treatment and half a worming tablet. The vet said it wouldn't do him any harm. :D

He asked about diet, so we told him that we've moved over to JWB and he was happy with that.

Teddy weighs 2.5 kilos and is "very pretty", according to our (male) vet. :luv:

I'm going to give the breeder another week, regarding the KC reg stuff and then contact the KC direct.

Thanks for all your help and advice - so appreciated.xxx

Aww glad its going ok with Teddy and the vet was happy with him.
Wow what a teeny boy 2.5kg,  Riley was a tubster when he was 10 weeks he was 4.2kg at the vet first visit.

Offline Honormum

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2012, 12:21:15 PM »
He IS tiny!  :005:

Bearing in mind, our old labrador is about 30 kilos!

I'm trying to post photos but failing miserably. >:(

Finally - posted a photo on the puppies photo board. :D :D :D

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2012, 05:46:31 PM »
Awww he's very tiny, when our pups left at 8 weeks they were almost 4 kgs..... Little chubbers!!! Xxx

Offline Honormum

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2012, 02:04:45 PM »
Do you just think he's a small puppy - or is he massively underweight? (the vet didn't say comment). :huh:

We've moved him over to JWD, but still got poorly poo - I don't suppose the jab and wormer yesterday helped.

Good news us that the KC registration change of ownership document arrived today. :D

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2012, 02:29:10 PM »
Do you just think he's a small puppy - or is he massively underweight? (the vet didn't say comment). :huh:

We've moved him over to JWD, but still got poorly poo - I don't suppose the jab and wormer yesterday helped.

Good news us that the KC registration change of ownership document arrived today. :D

No Ive known other cockers on here that are that weight too. There does seem to be a variation of build in show cockers I find.
Theres one at our puppy class, he is a show like Riley but so different build.
Rileys mum was quite big, had big hips  :lol2: and more stocky, but some are slimmer than others .

I think sometimes wormer and injections do cause a bit of upset, Give him a few days and see how he goes.

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2012, 03:09:44 PM »
Don't panic about his weight. Am sure your vet would have said something if he was 'massively underweight'. Does he look bright and healthy?  Worming can often upset their tum for a day or two. Puppies vary enormously in size and growth patterns. My boy, Ollie, was the smallest in a litter of 9 and was never very interested in eating. He's grown into a lovely standard sized cocker of 12kg. Just enjoy your puppy and try not to worry too much about how he compares to others.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2012, 05:35:46 PM »
Hey don't panic about his weight ..... Cockers are like people, they come in different shapes and sizes..... You're doing the right thing by getting him on good quality food, worming etc, he'll soon be growing!!

The smallest one of our last litter is now the biggest, just to prove that they all grow at different weights but he's a show cocker so he'll be within breed standard range im sure xx

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2012, 05:56:30 PM »
Just to reassure you Freya was 1.47kg at 8 weeks but perfectly healthy, shes just a dinky one  :luv:

Offline Honormum

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2012, 06:54:56 PM »
Thanks for the reassurance about his weight - I did say to the vet's nurse that it was like having mybabies weighed with the health visitor! :005:

Teddy is really bright and active - he never stops! He is also very food-orientated and eating well. I guess once he's had a few weeks on decent food and his tummy's sorted out, he might fill out a bit. :D

Offline Black Beauty & Silverfox

• Miya
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2012, 03:46:21 PM »

Sorry I'm late, just picked this up.

Defo four meals.

We took our pup to vet just for a reassurance check and asked various questions about her food, health etc. Could be worth a visit if only for piece of mind.

Mel.