Author Topic: Scanner Gone Walkabout!  (Read 2738 times)

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Scanner Gone Walkabout!
« on: April 15, 2005, 07:48:03 PM »
Can anyone help? I wanted to scan a photo today but when I click on the scanners desktop icon I get the following message:

Cannot find your scanner.
You may have a scanner connected to your pc, but HP PrecisionScan LT was unable to locate it.

Why on earth not? Its still sitting there....the power's on, the lights are on.......but apparently noone's home :lol:

Please help me!!!! :blink:
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline mum of kimmi

• Site Member
  • some days are harder than others!!
Scanner Gone Walkabout!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 08:42:05 PM »
The only thing I can suggest Liz, is to un-install the scanner and re-install it again.

You can do this from the control panel and the add/remove program icon.

Hope this helps

Sarah
Kimmi's mum

Offline ReadingSteve

• Site Member
    • Buddy
Scanner Gone Walkabout!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 09:03:34 PM »
Hi Liz, Sometimes it can help to unplug the scanner and then re-connect it to a different USB port on the PC.  That way it may get re-installed and kick itself into action.

You also ought to have a look in the Device Manager (Right click My Computer - Select Hardware - Device Manager  Have a look down the list of devices and you should see an entry for Imaging Devices. Check if this is present and if there is any exclamation mark or other error indication.  If there is any error, double click on the entry and see what information you get out of the error text. Not always helpful, but a good place to start.

Also worth thinking about what software/hardware you may have recently installed on your PC that may be causing the scanner to stop working??  If there are any likely culprits, then try uninstalling these.
Live Long and Prosper!