Author Topic: Flushed 2 rabbits this morning  (Read 2096 times)

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
Flushed 2 rabbits this morning
« on: January 31, 2014, 11:55:17 PM »
We went down to the warren today for Teals walk and a bit of training it was 10 am blowing a gale and pishing down but still lots of dogs running around off lead so I didn't expect much and Teal didn't enter any cover until we were back by the car and she dived under a low clump of bramble and out popped 2 rabbits Teal didn't see them so I didn't have the chance to test the stop whistle. I was pleased with the flush though, I am still getting used to her cocker way of not going into cover unless she thinks there is something in there I think we need to work on this, all my springers would go into every bit of cover they came across.

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
Re: Flushed 2 rabbits this morning
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 06:18:16 PM »
Sounds like she keeps you on your toes, Jeff - a feisty and independently minded little lady it seems  :blink:

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 07:18:03 PM »
Pip's not mad keen to dive into all and every cover, but if there's stuff in there - no problem. Trainer calls him a 'pessimistic' hunter. Not necessarily bad as he's less inclined to be racing about rushing over anything. He loves bracken, though and, had a speedy hunting session today. Introduced him to bolting dummy today too - and now under no illusions/ delusions that he'd be steady to game!  Something to work on!
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline MUDDYBOOTS

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 08:36:26 PM »
Not as daft as springer's  ;)

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 09:10:36 PM »
thats the difference between cockers and springers.  springers make work for themselves. cockers only go when there is  reason to
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 11:34:27 PM »
Sounds like she's a clever cookie. No point making work for herself if she doesn't have to!  ;)