Author Topic: Not so bad as expected  (Read 2871 times)

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
Not so bad as expected
« on: August 30, 2014, 07:53:34 PM »
After a full day in hospital today I felt well enough to go out with the other half with Teal, Sue has been taking Teal down the warren for the last couple of months as I have been to unwell I really was expecting one very wild spaniel but was really surprised to find out Teal still recalls and works close when I keep on top of her and sits to whistle, she flushed 2 rabbits that I could have shot and did a 100yard or so memory retrieve. Not trial standard by any means but a dog I would be happy to beat with or shoot over. Her only fail was not collecting a marked retrieve, I sat her and throw the dummy in a general direction but as I kept an eye on her expecting her to run in which she didn't I did not see where the dummy fell. I sent her to the area but it was full of rabbit scent and she didn't bother looking for it or she knew where it was and couldn't be bothered  to pick up a canvas dummy due to all the rabbit scent ( most likely  >:D)
Generally very pleased and as happy as the bunnies I did not shoot
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Not so bad as expected
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 08:36:48 PM »
so glad she has not lapsed and it is still all in there somewhere  ;) bunny smells overide Gemma's chain of thoughts  >:(
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 09:23:37 PM »
Sounds like you're feeling better Jeff? Hope so :D

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 09:46:17 PM »
Hi Elaine, thanks, was in today for another bout of plasma swap still waiting for the docs to confirm my op to remove my thymus gland not looking forward to 6 weeks convalescence but the sooner its out the less damage to my nervous system.

I know I will never walk the moors all day again I just want to get back to some form of normal life and do a couple of walks a day with Teal and maybe a bit of fishing with out  >:D Teal as she is not steady to fish and its a bit embarrassing having your dog leap off the bank every time you try to land a fish although other anglers do seem to find it funny watching a cocker spaniels rear end sticking out the water as she dives for my fish  ;)
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 06:56:20 PM »
I am planning to take Murphy fishing in the future Jeff. I normally spend about 48 hours fishing in Oxford (travel down from the NW) so my plan was to get one of those anchor points and have Murphy on a long lead which will keep him short of the water. I wouldn't want him jumping on a 40lb carp (I wish)

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 07:52:03 PM »
Good to hear from you Jeff,   Sounds as though everything is on course. Wishing you a full recovery xxx
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010