Author Topic: Working cockers & flyball or agility  (Read 3200 times)

Offline BattyPuppy

Working cockers & flyball or agility
« on: January 15, 2015, 12:09:50 PM »
Hi there - we live in South Manchester and wonder if anyone knows of any flyball or agility training local to me. Also, what age is best to start this type of training? We have a working cocker who is almost one. Many thanks!

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
Re: Working cockers & flyball or agility
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 12:45:52 PM »
Sorry I don't know anything about flyball but that's an ideal age to start agility
Have a look through here for agility clubs (some may do flyball too) I think you can arrange list via area
http://agilitynet.co.uk/activepages/clubs.asp
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline MUDDYBOOTS

Re: Working cockers & flyball or agility
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 10:41:34 PM »
Hi,12 to 18 months is a good time to start doing agility training ( sorry don't know anything about flyball ).I take Gabby to Mutts in Motion (part of Rixton Dog School ) which is in Warrington and the classes are run by Carolyn Snowdon  who is very good. Carolyn is also the secretary of Wilmslow DTC. Dig It Dogs is also very good,and they run their own shows and have lots of fun club competitions.Also Newton Heath DTC has a good reputation  but I have never trained there.

I think If you are   interested in doing dog agility its a good idea to find a good trainer as opposed to a fun agility class,as they will start your dog over the correct height jumps and use safe equipment.