Author Topic: So very proud of the little show off  (Read 1866 times)

Offline pupdaddy

• Site Member
  • What you lookin' at?
So very proud of the little show off
« on: May 11, 2007, 02:16:01 PM »
To keep Jarvis interested on walks (to try and stop him running off again!!) we invested in some training dummies. He goes absolutely mad for them, tail wagging like mad as he sniffs around in the grass trying to find them.

Took him to the river where he swims every day. Got there at the same time as some other dogwalkers that we've met on the circuit a few times.

Threw the dummy into the river (not attached to a cord or anything) and Jarvis jumped in, got it, then brought it back to drop at my feet. He repeated this about 4 times - I was so proud - he's not even 6 months old yet!!!

We then crossed the bridge and into the field opposite. Just as I threw the dummy into the grass, he was distracted by the arrival of another dog so didn't see where it landed. I wasn't sure so started looking for it...

...it turned up in his mouth after about 5 minutes... good little boy!!!
Robin & Emma & Jarvis

Cazzie

Re: So very proud of the little show off
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 05:22:12 PM »
Well done Jarvis, have you got the water dummies?

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 07:44:04 PM »
well done

Offline pupdaddy

• Site Member
  • What you lookin' at?
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 03:59:55 PM »
We just bought a green canvas training dummy from Scats. We've lost it now as he dropped it in some long grass and we couldn't find it again. I've got some Remington ones from the States that are easier to see - being orange. He just loves swimming anyway - doesn't need an excuse!!
Robin & Emma & Jarvis

Cazzie

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 04:06:06 PM »
We just bought a green canvas training dummy from Scats. We've lost it now as he dropped it in some long grass and we couldn't find it again. I've got some Remington ones from the States that are easier to see - being orange. He just loves swimming anyway - doesn't need an excuse!!

Its just that the canvas ones when wet can sink.  ;)