Author Topic: insurance  (Read 1354 times)

Offline James

• Site Member
insurance
« on: June 03, 2007, 03:29:45 PM »
I know its been covered a bit on the other forums but was wondering if any of you who work your dogs have insurance for them and how badly it affected the insurance and who you found to be best. I'm thinking of just putting some money by every now and then for stella in case she needs anything done.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 06:10:03 PM »
My two are both insured with M&S on their normal 'pet' cover. I don't have specific working insurance for them which is something I should probably think about for this coming season really  :-\  I suppose if they did injure themselves out working god forbid I would probably just say that we were out on a walk at the time, it would be pretty difficult for anyone to prove otherwise...  ph34r
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Cazzie

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 06:26:23 PM »
Hi there

I  have all my dogs insured through my business. I did use Direct Line at one point and im sure they were not that expensive. BASC also have policies for working dogs but I think they are quite pricey. Also if you had to replace a dog for any reason they take into account how much the dog cost and you must have a receipt.

Do you actually work you're dog? As some shooting estates also cover a percentage of vets fee's if you're dog is injured

Offline James

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 12:03:51 PM »
thanks for the replies and sorry for not replying

yep I'll work her, don't think my local shooting estate would cover her though. ill look on the m&s and basc web site  :blink: thanks again

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 12:52:43 PM »
If you work your dog regularly, then why not phone some of the pet dog insurance policies and find out what is excluded?

If you can get something from them in writing, then they won't be able to exempt the whole policy if you do make a claim  ;) Insurance companies employ teams whose job is to look for any evidence in order to get out of paying for as many claims as they can, and if your vet has a record of your dog working, then it may be enough for the whole policy to be invalidated  :o
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club