Author Topic: Cocker trials  (Read 2916 times)

Cazzie

Cocker trials
« on: June 18, 2007, 03:33:04 PM »
Anyone up on these as I want to go and watch the big guys in action  ;) Or where do I find out where they are held etc?  :blink:

Offline lyn

• Site Member
Re: Cocker trials
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 03:51:19 PM »
sorry cazzie i know nothing but  am also interesed in going to watch some trials so if anyone knows of any in se of england i would love to have the details.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 03:53:18 PM »
The Cocker Spaniel Club have their Scottish Trials at Castle Douglas on 5th and 6th October 2007. English Trials are at Hartham Park, Wiltshire on 6th and 7th November 2007. More info if interested from the Field Trial Sec, Pat Rhodes on 01273 890701 (only know that as I've just updated the Club website :D). I think the KC also have a Field Trial diary on their site which lists dates, breeds etc.
Jane

Cazzie

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 03:53:53 PM »
The Cocker Spaniel Club have their Scottish Trials at Castle Douglas on 5th and 6th October 2007. English Trials are at Hartham Park, Wiltshire on 6th and 7th November 2007. More info if interested from the Field Trial Sec, Pat Rhodes on 01273 890701 (only know that as I've just updated the Club website :D). I think the KC also have a Field Trial diary on their site which lists dates, breeds etc.

Thanks for that  :shades:

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 04:02:04 PM »

Where's castle Douglas  :huh: How far from us Cazzie

Cazzie

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 04:07:51 PM »

Not sure but Im sure you'd be up for yet another wild goose chase  :lol:

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 04:10:34 PM »

Not sure but Im sure you'd be up for yet another wild goose chase  :lol:

:huh: who me  :shades: I'm miss boring (and I'd never chase Goose he comes when he's called  :angel:  :luv::005:

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 04:12:19 PM »
sorry cazzie i know nothing but  am also interesed in going to watch some trials so if anyone knows of any in se of england i would love to have the details.

Lyn, London Cocker Society's Field Section have several trials & tests lined up for more your side of the country: http://www.londoncockersociety.co.uk/field_events.htm. If you email Frank Geraghty, I'm sure he'd be happy to give you more info.
Jane

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 04:16:30 PM »
wow, thanks jane  :D i am really wanting to see some dogs in action. maybe take ellie along and show her what she's supposd to be capable of :005:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 06:11:09 PM »
We'll see the tests at Scone next week!!  :D  I'm really looking forward to seeing the pros in action  :shades:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Cazzie

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 06:59:41 PM »
We'll see the tests at Scone next week!!  :D  I'm really looking forward to seeing the pros in action  :shades:

Not sure if there are any TOP  names there though  :-\  and if you get the job of Island gofor then you will be in the middle of it all, while im stuck taking cash in a tent  :rofl1:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 07:02:42 PM »

Not sure if there are any TOP  names there though  :-\  and if you get the job of Island gofor then you will be in the middle of it all, while im stuck taking cash in a tent  :rofl1:

CT said on Friday that there were some good people (and dogs!) entered. Yep, I'll have a pretty good view from the Island  :shades: :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Cazzie

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 07:31:41 PM »

CT said on Friday that there were some good people (and dogs!) entered. Yep, I'll have a pretty good view from the Island  :shades: :005:

I want to see the one and only Ian Openshaw and I dont think he will be there, but hope to see him in action sometime, he is amazing :shades:

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 03:36:47 PM »
wow, thanks jane  :D i am really wanting to see some dogs in action. maybe take ellie along and show her what she's supposd to be capable of :005:

the trials are often taken very seriously and most will not allow you to bring a dog with you, also you should contact the secretary out of courtesy to ask about attending as they aren't always open to the public as such.

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy