Author Topic: BASC Ladies Day Auchterarder 18th Aug  (Read 3582 times)

Cazzie

BASC Ladies Day Auchterarder 18th Aug
« on: June 18, 2007, 04:29:52 PM »
BAC are having a Ladies day in Auchterarder on the 18th August. It will include Air Rifles, Clay's, Deer Talk and Fishing. I You dont have to be a member to go, so if you fancy it you can contact scotland@basc.org.uk

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: BASC Ladies Day Auchterarder 18th Aug
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 06:10:07 PM »
I'm looking forward to making an eejit of myself trying to shoot clays  ph34r :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 03:37:54 PM »
sounds good, but thats when we are having our big training weekend in Wales, so I will miss it

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 03:13:09 PM »
just to add if anyone is interested make sure you sign up so that they know you are coming, if they don't get enough interest early on then they have to cancel, was talking to the rep for the BASC the other day and they haven't got that many names yet.

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 03:24:25 PM »
I won't be able to go  :'(

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 10:15:27 AM »
I'm looking forward to making an eejit of myself trying to shoot clays  ph34r :005:
nicola, i am going clay shooting for the first time in a couple of weeks. jim won't come in case i shoot him :lol:

Cazzie

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 10:24:35 AM »
nicola, i am going clay shooting for the first time in a couple of weeks. jim won't come in case i shoot him :lol:

I have some body armour if he wants to borrow it.  :lol:

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 10:55:22 AM »
i am worried coz the rifles feel well heavy. i am a 5 foot weakling :005: my sis has talked me into it. she releases the clays. will get someone to take photos coz its going to be hilarious. sis is having a go to and she is littler than me :o we went bowling one time with her and she got her finger stuck in the holes. :005: she had been watching some very adept bowlers and decided to copy them. lined herself up, took a run at the lane, knelt down on one knee at the last second then went sprawling down the lane. it was well funny. i am sure if i make a holy show of myself that she will make a bigger show of herself.

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 11:26:17 AM »
if you are trying to shoot clays with a rifle then you really are making life difficult for yourself :005:
Only kidding, clays are shot with a shotgun - rifles are the type of things you see snipers use, a shotgun cartridge is filled with tons of little pellets which spread over a wide range, thus making it easier to hit a small target (theoretically), whereas a rifle is a single bullet.
Just so you don't get confused when you go.
I have shot clays a few times but struggle as I shoot off my left shoulder which is my badly injured shoulder so it hurts like hell, chances are they will give you a nice light 20 bore which won't be heavy to lift or won't have a bad kick (the recoil bit).
Hope you have fun, and take your camera

Cazzie

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 12:12:55 PM »
You will be fine. I shoot with a 20 bore or a 410 shotgun. You will be coached on what to do and as long as the gun fits you correctly and you hold it correctly you wont have a problem. I normally get a bruising on my shoulder at the clays as you fire at more targets and my arms get sore constantly lifting the shot gun up as I dont always have the strength to lift and hold correctly. Have a great time and look forward to seeing the pictures  :blink:

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 12:48:17 PM »
if you are trying to shoot clays with a rifle then you really are making life difficult for yourself :005:
Only kidding, clays are shot with a shotgun - rifles are the type of things you see snipers use, a shotgun cartridge is filled with tons of little pellets which spread over a wide range, thus making it easier to hit a small target (theoretically), whereas a rifle is a single bullet.
Just so you don't get confused when you go.
I have shot clays a few times but struggle as I shoot off my left shoulder which is my badly injured shoulder so it hurts like hell, chances are they will give you a nice light 20 bore which won't be heavy to lift or won't have a bad kick (the recoil bit).
Hope you have fun, and take your camera
:005: see what i mean!!! i haven't even got there and i am showing myself up :005: jim told me to make sure i called it a rifle and not a "gun" >:D now i have to think of a way to get him back. he is always lying to me about stuff i don't know about then falls about laughing when i start talking to peopl about it >:D when i first started driving lessons he offered to show me what pedals were what. i confidently told the instructor that the accelorator was the brake >:( another time he phoned me at work to tell me liverpool had beaten man u 12 - 2 i worked with an avid man u fan and spent the rest of the day bragging how cool LFC is only to be told later by a customer that man u had actually won :embarassed:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 08:16:32 PM »
when i first started driving lessons he offered to show me what pedals were what. i confidently told the instructor that the accelorator was the brake >:(

My Stepdad did that to me as well, he thought it was hilarious  >:( ph34r
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Danni n Betty

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 10:13:00 PM »
Me and my mum started clay shooting last summer  :D
We had to go and get 'fitted' before hand. I could only manage a 12 bore shogun (Im only mini)  :005:
even that was bloody heavy, hell of a kick back.
Its great fun, even though I only averaged 3 out of 10, not bad for a newbie  :lol:
Stopped going during the winter, but have now found a place in Liverpool with an indoor rifle range, they even teach you sniper style  :shades:
Lyn, you'll have a fab time  :D

Cazzie

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 10:17:00 PM »
Me and my mum started clay shooting last summer  :D
We had to go and get 'fitted' before hand. I could only manage a 12 bore shogun (Im only mini)  :005:
even that was bloody heavy, hell of a kick back.
Its great fun, even though I only averaged 3 out of 10, not bad for a newbie  :lol:
Stopped going during the winter, but have now found a place in Liverpool with an indoor rifle range, they even teach you sniper style  :shades:
Lyn, you'll have a fab time  :D

Gosh I wouldnt touch a 12 bore Id be flat on my back  :005: , well done you  :shades:

Offline Danni n Betty

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 10:31:39 PM »
Gosh I wouldnt touch a 12 bore Id be flat on my back   , well done you 

Really...the instructor said it was a 'ladies gun' It even had flowers and birds engraved on it  :005:
We didnt have a clue, just fancied trying it, as they do classes near to my mums  :D
Really enjoyed it, although I wont miss the early Sunday morning sessions, this new place in on a Friday evening  ;)