Author Topic: BASC Ladies Day Auchterarder 18th Aug  (Read 3583 times)

Cazzie

Re: BASC Ladies Day Auchterarder 18th Aug
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 10:38:55 PM »
Gosh I wouldnt touch a 12 bore Id be flat on my back   , well done you 

Really...the instructor said it was a 'ladies gun' It even had flowers and birds engraved on it  :005:
We didnt have a clue, just fancied trying it, as they do classes near to my mums  :D
Really enjoyed it, although I wont miss the early Sunday morning sessions, this new place in on a Friday evening  ;)

Lots of them do have flowers and birds on them and lots of ladies do shoot with 12 bores but im a wimp  :005: The 12 bore cartridges are bigger and can give more of a kick back, Wille my friend has said I need a recall pad fitted on the end of the gun where it meets your shoulder. The reason I wont shoot with one is when I first started shooting I got a shot of a 5 shot automatic with heavy cartridges and it nearly blew me into the weeds.  :lol:

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 09:28:42 AM »
I shoot way better with a 12 bore than a 20, but thats because of the weight and length (being tall and all that) but it just hurts too much, when OH got his new shotgun, I picked it up, got the first 2 clays and then couldnt shoot anymore.
My little 20 does me for pigeons and a bit of rough so thats me fine

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline Alpha

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 01:58:05 PM »
i was fortunate enough to be taught by David Costain not that it made the slightest difference i am right handed and shoot off my left eye, so pretty rubbish with most of them apart from over head and the ones where they go acroos you to the right. Its is however the best stress relief in the world in my opinion and i would encouragge any Mum, partner wife etc to take it up.