Author Topic: Have i made a big mistake?  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
Re: Have i made a big mistake?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 01:33:24 PM »
thanks again i dont know why i get myself so worked up. I have never done this before and to tell you the truth i have never even been beating never mind with a dog so im learning off books and videos what they do  :embarassed:
My OH is the one that beats and shoots and he feels Jack goes too far out and sometimes says Jack will never be a good working dog. Jacks alot less responsive to him though.
Im kind of plodding through as best i can. We do have some issues with Jack but i dont think its anything major or that cant be overcome and im guessing we all have those walks where we come home and put our heads in our hands wondering where that new behaviour came from and what were going to do about it.

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 01:44:55 PM »
that's not cheating it is just controlling rewards :D

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline Caticus

• Site Member
  • Ash at 12 weeks
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 02:04:51 PM »
Totally agree Mark.  :D
I think the work you are doing with Jack sounds brilliant.
Mine love being trained to do anything. If we haven't done anything for a few days they sit and look at me and the drawer where the clicker and treats are kept in!
I have walks where I let them have their heads and go off and do what cockers do - muddy puddles, scenting game, rolling in yukkey things  :005:- but only when I know they are safe.
I then have lead walks where they are walked to heel and sit at the curbs and don't go to other dogs or jump up.
Keep going, it will be worth it.
Lynn, Forrest and Ash

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 05:54:28 PM »
I have to add in here that I have met Jack and he is the most impeccably behaved little dog I have ever met and so gorgeous with it too.
He totally put Eric to shame while we were out walking together  :005:
Keep up the good work Jo you are doing a cracking job and I'll pop Eric round to you at the weekend for a bit of training  ;)