Author Topic: Bowood or Hereford updated 07/08/2011  (Read 1136 times)

Offline SteveB

• Donator
Bowood or Hereford updated 07/08/2011
« on: August 02, 2011, 11:53:03 PM »
Anybody going to Bowood or Hereford this weekend
Then the following weekend it's the Welsh open scurries

Offline SteveB

• Donator
Re: Bowood or Hereford
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 08:23:15 AM »
Oh Well leaving in an hour be prepared for the latest LUlu & Tia adventures :huh:

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
Re: Bowood or Hereford
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 12:32:28 PM »
Good luck and enjoy ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline SteveB

• Donator
Re: Bowood or Hereford updated 07/08/11
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 11:24:47 PM »
Well first leg over. (little warning if anybody is going waited over three hours to run Lulu so get there early)
Andrea entered her into the multiple scurry.Iwas on Tia the bush kangaroo duty Started with long retrieve into water all I can say is she was like a jet propelled seal. Into the water and straight back. Next the launcher again jet propelled up the course and back in a blink of an eye. At this stage I was telling Tia to watch and learn (I know getting as mad as you lot on here talking to the dog) . Should of realised something would happen. Three blind retrieves next. Andrea sends her for the first one straight past she goes and proceeds too dive into the water to have a swim after passing the dummy. After plenty of whistling etc she decides to come out of the water pick up the dummy on the way past and deliver to Andrea. She was then sent for the furthest one straight out listens to commands and returns it no problem. She is then sent for the last one out she goes again faultless pickup Andrea whistles the recall. Does she listen nope back through the reeds dummy in mouth dives into the water and decides to swim
back as far as she can. eventually jumps out of the water and brings the dummy back. So no prizes today. She did have a few claps off the watching people at the end. Probably for the entertainment value
rather than for her skill and obedience. Anyway off to bed now as have to be up at two to take my son
and his girlfriend to the airport. Then a couple of hours shut eye before we find out what head Lulu will
have on in Hereford later
Andrea decided to take the cockers out with GSD's this morning before we left to try and take the edge off Lulu. There was two scurries, one over logs on a two dummy retrieve and the other was two dummy hidden retrieve behind and inside a large bush ( not a launcher or even a puddle of water was feeling good). Anyway to cut a long story she behaved quite well. Probably was not the best idea to take her out first I believe it took to much of an edge off her. She did the logs first and ended up sixth overall. Then we entered the hidden retrieve she finished fourth overall. Just over 2 seconds between first and fourth. We came away pleased with our voucher for fourth but most of all the fact that we were only beaten by labs and springers, but also beat labs retrievers and springers, who purely by size should be able to cover the ground faster than Lulu
Roll on next weekend for the Welsh scurry open