Author Topic: What do I need to take to measuring?  (Read 969 times)

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
What do I need to take to measuring?
« on: June 20, 2008, 08:06:50 PM »
Maudie is being measured for KC agility on Sunday, I know I need to take her microchip deatails but what else do I need?
Thanks in advance
Tracey
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
Re: What do I need to take to measuring?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 10:55:00 PM »
her KC number and a small photo of her to go in her record book  which you should recieve on measuring. good luck on sunday with her runs. jackie

Offline AnnaB

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 08:15:28 PM »
If she is microchipped you do not need a photo as well - it is one or the other.  You also cannot guarantee that you will be given a record book by the measurer unless you have already arranged it with them - you are suppoed to take your own book normally  :blink:

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 08:25:27 AM »
Sorry did not see this in time but in case someone else does not know:

What you need for measuring with the KC
Dogs KC name and Number
Microchip number / tattoo number or if niether a small photograph
Ideally a record book - can be ordered from the KC for £1.50 and I beleive if you only order one there is no postage - go to KC website, find the shop and do a search in there

There is a possiblity that measurers will have some spare record books but this is not guaranteed and  if you are later on the session there  may not be any left.  Also it is easier if you have the book beforehand and can fuill in details then you do not need so much paperwork with you.  If you belong to a club then some clubs hold a stock of them (I know we do) so that when we advise members to be measured we sell them a book to ensure that one is avilable.

Other points should you feel your dog is borderline - make sure all excess fur is trimmed from the feet and nails are short.  Also advice would be to give the dog a good run to ensure they are relaxed for the measure.  This is only handing on advice I was given - It will not noticaebly affect the height of your dog but if you have a borderline small medium dog if might help not tip the measure!!

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 11:21:10 AM »
All measured and done! Well within medium but has to be measured again after 12 months! Thanks for your help.
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x