Author Topic: Why does it have to be such hard work...no not the dog  (Read 4546 times)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Why does it have to be such hard work...no not the dog
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 05:42:36 PM »
I use the small microfibre towels. They‘re a bit like a window leather and when damp, absorb an amazing amount of water. When Humphrey‘s really wet I can rub over and just keep squeezing them out. Afterwards I just rinse them through and pop them back in the plastic box so that they stay damp. Ive still got the original one I bought over four years ago, but have bought a couple more since as spares and then throw them all in the machine every now and again to freshen them up. The advantage is that they don‘t need drying.
I bought mine on Amazon here in Germany but have seen them in UK, I think there are various makes but they all work on the same principal.
Only other suggestion would be a doggy hairdryer /blaster - I bought one (also on Amazon) fairly cheaply and its been a Godsend.
After having had to  wash smelly woolen socks for 40 years, which had  been worn  in firebrigade boots during a 24 hour shift in the middle of summer , my OH wouldn‘t DARE challenge smelly dog towels in the washing machine!! :lol2:  :lol2:

Offline fionad

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 09:22:27 PM »
Yes I have one of those dog towels. They are brilliant. They absorb a lot of water which can be squeezed out into the sink.

Mine is an Aquasorb Towel. Groomers professional. It didn't cost a lot. You rinse it out then keep it damp in a plastic tube.

You can get them from Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Groomers-AQ002-Aquasorb-Towel-Large/dp/B01FD5Z5OM/ref=asc_df_B01FD5Z5OM/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=226613890277&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=470525965424712790&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045448&hvtargid=pla-486116345717&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 09:29:28 PM »
We have a dog who LOVES mud and detests being toweled down!
Therefore our dog lives in a drying onesie in the winter :) back from a walk he waits for his onesie, and snuggles down without the hassle of toweling down or worrying about him ruining the soft furnishing with mud!

It is literally the best thing we have ever purchased

Offline Dimples

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2020, 01:12:28 PM »
They love to moan don't they! I have wood flooring throughout and the way I look at it..if it gets dirty so what...it will just clean off in minutes.

If it's torrential rain Robbie wears a light waterproof coat - doesn't make him hot but it does deter a lot of mud from his underneath.

I hose Robbie off outside (just legs and underneath so he doesn't get too cold) then he stands on a towel inside whilst I rub him down - hopefully before he does a big shake!!!!! Up the walls!!!!!!!

As for towels - I have 2 on the go at one time and try and wash separately on a quick wash. I don't even bother with a hot hot one now. quick 30 degree wash. Way I look at it, is they are going to be dirty again the next day so a few stains on them doesn't hurt. It's just mud.

I am pretty house proud and like my home clean and tidy but it has to be lived in too...dog wins every time!
Denise - lucky mum of gorgeous (and cheeky) Robbie xx

Now 9 years old

Offline Ambler54

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2020, 07:14:08 PM »
We had a ‘little’ accident out the back of the house...resulting in lots of work needed at the back of the house so while that was being done we had a hot water tap put outside along with the cold water tap.Then we bought a large plastic dog bath, hubby has put it on a stand with a drainage pipe...the result rather than hose the dog down with cold water we can fill the bath with warm water and dilute Hibiscrub and stand Her in the bath washing off the legs and tummy....not totally happy with the whole experience but much happier than being hosed down with cold water..and the amount of mud that comes out of the paws etc is amazing.And a whole lot less stressful for all of us.

Offline ips

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 08:01:15 PM »
Great idea 👍
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.