Author Topic: Am I mad to consider this....?  (Read 3212 times)

Offline hanandhen

Re: Am I mad to consider this....?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 11:29:15 AM »
Hello Ali - indeed, it is I :lol2: Good luck with the pup!

Millrace, thank you for the advice - I will work on calling him back earlier. He is getting more attentive but at the moment I am letting him get on with it a bit, and will gradually bring the time he stays on one trail down if that makes sense? I don't want to be too disciplined too soon and have him switch off to me instead, as I am not just trying to set new habits in place but also remove old ones I am kind of starting from a step backwards I think! But he seems to be doing ok so far, I was very pleased with him yesterday as he stayed good and close and was easy to send into the hedges and then get back out again :angel: I'm sure his halo will slip again soon though!

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2009, 04:41:33 PM »
Hi Hanandhen  :D

It would be too big a coincidence for you NOT to be the HHOer of the same name- I should have thought to use the same name on both forums too (this name sucks but I can't figure out how to change it!)

If you want to change your username, you need to PM either one of the Admins (me or Colin) with your alternative choice of name and we will sort it out for you.
Jane

Offline MuckyMeech

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2009, 05:31:05 PM »

If you want to change your username, you need to PM either one of the Admins (me or Colin) with your alternative choice of name and we will sort it out for you.

You legend Jane S,  I will do just that  :D Thanks x

Offline millrace

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2009, 06:20:35 PM »
never be afraid to go back to move foward...........sounds daft......it does work and usually quicker than just forging ahead trying to correct mistakes...good luck bye the way when they work out what their nose is really for they truley are a joy to watch and a nightmare to controll......lol
you don't train a working cocker......you negociate!!