Author Topic: am i stating my training to later?  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Charly-lou

am i stating my training to later?
« on: January 15, 2012, 04:50:07 PM »
honey is a year and a half I've been meaning to start her training a lot earlier, she's a great dog to train as she picks things up very quickly, it would be great to know if i wasting my time
                        char x

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: am i stating my training to later?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 05:15:55 PM »
While it is ideal to start them when they are pups, it is really never too late to start. I started my Crackers when she was 4 years old and she turned out to be a fine little gun dog  :D 
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 05:21:58 PM »
Never too late, although probably easier when a pup. I bet you find it really rewarding (although maybe a bit frustrating sometimes) and that the more things you work on together the more the bond between the two of you will become stronger :D

Are you going to take her to training classes?

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 05:30:12 PM »
Never too late, although probably easier when a pup. I bet you find it really rewarding (although maybe a bit frustrating sometimes) and that the more things you work on together the more the bond between the two of you will become stronger :D

Are you going to take her to training classes?

I totally agree with Elaine :D
I love going to training classes with my Poppy, you get to spend time with your dog and make friends too :luv:
Janet & Poppy

Offline riotous_uk

• Druidale GSDs and SWDs
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 07:11:59 PM »
my latest addition is 3 and he will be starting gundog training soon..
Pauline
Member APDT 660
Pawsitively Dogs

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 09:21:47 AM »
Never to late as I said before somebody with a 9 year old Springer started last year with us.
What part of the country you from

Offline Charly-lou

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 03:17:36 PM »
i had a good feeling it wouldn't be  :D , i was hopping to take her to training classes but the only one that i can find does classes on a sunday morning and due to working in a ridding school i work weekends but I'm going to organise time off to go. i also got some books on gun dog training any good recommendations , and i come from the new forest    :005: x

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 05:47:11 PM »
i had a good feeling it wouldn't be  :D , i was hopping to take her to training classes but the only one that i can find does classes on a sunday morning and due to working in a ridding school i work weekends but I'm going to organise time off to go. i also got some books on gun dog training any good recommendations , and i come from the new forest    :005: x

I'm from the New Forest too :D

I don't know about gun dog training, but I'll PM you about the training club that I go to which holds classes in Emery Down, Sway and Boldre on various weekdays and evenings.