Author Topic: Does your cocker have distinct opinions on where to walk?  (Read 1276 times)

Offline mcinnd

• Donator
Re: Does your cocker have distinct opinions on where to walk?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 03:21:10 PM »
Anywhere there is water my two will go happily.

Silkie has found that on any walk lately she finds the burn and walks the length.
It's almost impossible to get her out of the water always walking and very rarely swimming unless by accident.
Where as Dolly only goes swimming and hates walking along the burn.

Two very different water loving cockers.

Dolly & Silkie

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 12:36:14 PM »
Oh yes Pebbles has always been very definite on which way she wants to walk when on lead.  If I decide to venture in a different direction she will pull to get back onto the original route quite hard and if I resist she will often just sit down and look at me as if to say " Are you mad? this is the way we go".  I suppose it does mean she is controlling the walk but since it doesn't matter to me which way we go usually I don't really mind.  Off lead she is totally different and will follow wherever I go.  Of course, since it is raining hard today she doesn't want to go out at all  :005:

Pebbles sounds so much like Brodie :005:. The other day I was in a hurry and couldn't take her the way she wanted to go - she huffed and puffed at me all the way home :005:. It's all my fault if it started raining on walks too, I get glared at!

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Sara_Clara

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 03:40:08 PM »
Oh yes the cocker glare  >:(
Puppy Colour: Orange Roan
Puppy DOB: 22.04.2011
Puppy Name: Pebbles
Mummy Name:  Sara

Offline Another Mollie

• Mollie
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 07:05:21 AM »
This is so funny!! This is just like Mollie. Now she is an 'oldish' lady she gets away with it more than she used to. She will always take the 'short cut' to get home quicker so that she can concentrate on staring me out for breakfast/tea or just a treat.
When she is on the lead and I am walking the lead will suddenly stiffen and I will look behind and she is looking up with her eyes with her head down as if to say 'I want to go the other way'.
I've never known any other breed of dog do this!
Regards,

Eve (Mollies getting older and more demanding....)