Author Topic: Duo at Many Tears  (Read 8907 times)

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Duo at Many Tears
« on: January 05, 2015, 12:00:48 PM »

:luv: :luv: :luv:

01-01-15 Duo is a 6 year old Cocker Spaniel ex-breeding girl. Duo is very switched off and frightened at the moment and shows her teeth in fear but has not bitten.  Duo does not walk on the lead and is not house trained.  She will need a quiet home with no children and another friendly dog or dogs to help her settle in and help her learn the skills she needs. Duo's new family will need to be experience with scared dogs and must be able offer her the time and patience this girl will need.  In the right hands she is going to be a wonderful pet.
PLEASE NOTE: We nearly always home dogs who have come from breeders where there is ALREADY A RESIDENT DOG living in the house. They have usually never lived in a house before and are only used to canine company. They usually get their confidence and learn faster with another dog to copy from. This also helps with house training and learning how to walk on a lead. They will make lovely pets but do need a lot of love, time and patience. If the ex breeding dog you are interested in can be an only dog it will say so in its write up. Please read our information on ADOPTING EX-BREEDING DOGS before you apply.
ADOPTION DETAILS
The adoption fee for a dog/puppy is £200.  You will find a break down of what this covers under our Adoption Procedures (see link below) If your application is successful you will be home checked and you, all members of your family and any dog(s) who will be living with the dog MUST come to meet the dog you want to adopt. All our dogs are micro-chipped, have had at least their first inoculation and are spayed/neutered unless there is a medical reason for not doing so.  You must have a safe means of transporting the dog home in a crate or if this is not possible please discuss with Many Tears or the Fosterer when your application is being processed.
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Re: Duo at Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 08:46:08 PM »
Don't let the description put you off! I've had 2 VERY scared dogs - Peggy and Bonnie - and with time and patience they became brave and happy. Both from nasty breeders - eg Peggy was scared of the sky as she'd never seen it at age 5, but she loved the outdoors in the end. Camping, beach, woods, boat she loved it all. Bonnie used to shake with fear when she was touched, but now absolutely loves her cuddles.
They become so loyal and loving, as they know they've landed in the right place.

Giver her a go. We have 4 at present, so we can't. Shame.
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 08:21:19 PM »
She looks beautiful  :luv:
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 08:51:17 AM »
Duo is moving into a foster home tomorrow  ;)

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 10:17:08 AM »
Hope she finds a loving home soon, she looks scared...

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 08:02:05 PM »
You worked wonders with Dylan Sharon, so I'm confident you will do the same for Duo
Looking forward to seeing her devlop
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 06:01:50 PM »
We picked Duo yesterday and like her write up states  she is a very switched off girl and has somewhat of a vacant expression about her  :'( Current she just wants to hide away in the back of her crate and doesn't move on her own accord. Early days but so far we haven't seen any sign of her showing her teeth in fear, even when I've picked her up.
But she is a beauty though and those eyes just melt your  heart. She just needs a quiet gentle home with someone that has patience to allow her spirit to return.

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 06:14:54 PM »
We picked Duo yesterday and like her write up states  she is a very switched off girl and has somewhat of a vacant expression about her  :'( Current she just wants to hide away in the back of her crate and doesn't move on her own accord. Early days but so far we haven't seen any sign of her showing her teeth in fear, even when I've picked her up.
But she is a beauty though and those eyes just melt your  heart. She just needs a quiet gentle home with someone that has patience to allow her spirit to return.

Are you fostering her?

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 07:31:30 PM »
Yes I'm fostering her

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 06:22:48 PM »
Yes I'm fostering her

She looks gorgeous.  I admire all you foster people - I would never be able to let them go to anyone else.

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 06:47:50 PM »
We treat them like we're looking after someone's dog while they are on holiday in some respect. But it's the reward in seeing them enjoy life for the first time that is the real reward for us. Yes it's hard at times and I've shed many tears ( no pun intend) over some of them.

Duo is the most scared and shut down one i think I've had in the 6yrs I've been fostering. Tonight I've put her on the other end of the sofa with me and although she isn't really happy about it she has laid down and not bolted back to the cage. Yes who every takes her on it going to have a project, but a worth while one she is lovely. We haven't had any accidents in the house at all even overnight she is going in the garden with my dogs :-)

Offline Bluebrookminty

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 09:32:53 PM »
Fosterers like yourselves are hero's

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 12:57:17 PM »
Fosterers like yourselves are hero's

I second that wholeheartedly.
you are  :angel: :angel:

Offline sodpot2000

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 01:32:09 PM »
Hear, hear! I have always had the greatest admiration for fosterers - of dogs and children - far more deserving of places in the honours list than many who find themselves there by the power of their cheque book!

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 02:25:19 PM »
Happy to say that Duo is Reserved  :luv: pending the usual hc & m&g