Author Topic: Duo at Many Tears  (Read 8904 times)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: Duo at Many Tears
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2015, 06:58:04 PM »
Oh no!!!! Why???  :'(

No idea - it is quite common for an adoption not to work out or for the adopter to change their mind before they finally commit :dunno:
Julie and Watson

Offline PennyB

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2015, 10:52:34 AM »
It happens  - this thread is about rehoming her
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2015, 11:21:12 AM »
01-03-15 UPDATE
.....I would love to say Duo has made great progress with her confidence but and so far we have only seen small ones although I am very please to see the changes in her no matter how small, it's why i foster. Sometimes we have to be patient to get the good things in life and Due is just that.  Duo is doing it in her own good time,
.....She has learnt that when my son finishes eating his tea, it's time for her tea and her ears prick up as the sound of his knife and fork going down and she  follows him into the kitchen. She will eat her food in the middle of the room as long as there isn't too much movement going on around her.  She likes being out in the garden and she will have a good stretch and the tail will wagg.
.....She's not really ready to face going for a walk and going out on both a slip  lead & harness we have only managed a few hundred yards. But inside the house she is looking a lot more alert and life behind those eyes is beginning to flicker back on.  Can you help her continue her journey and be happy for one Duo step at a time? if so please fill out an application form for her and give this lovely girl a comfy quite corner of your home.
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2015, 05:19:10 PM »
The video I took of Duo out on a walk has been added to the MT site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9u9tHM6U3A

We managed to get around the block, it took ages but it's the furthest we've managed to get her so far.  It's very slow progress with her but she is making small steps. She is still very very scared as you can see, hence the 2 harnesses and slip leads. She didn't like the look of the lamp post, and the leaves blowing around are frightening. We came across a couple of people walking down the path and she didn't like that either but these are her first steps to learning how to enjoy normal pet life and if you think you have the time and patience to carry on  helping her then please complete an application form.

( The eagle eyes will notice Remy trying to trip up my husband  :005:  :shades:)

Online MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2015, 06:59:41 PM »
bless her heart  :luv:   scared but exploring everything in her path
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2015, 07:04:13 PM »
Lovely to see her outside, you can tell she is all cocker, still so scared, but not being able to resist having a good sniff  :luv:

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 08:23:38 PM »
That's lovely to see but obviously still so terrified. You are doing a terrific job Sharon
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2015, 08:50:22 PM »
Oh bless her.  I wish I could just scoop her up.  Hope the perfect someone comes along for her very soon.

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2015, 09:43:46 PM »
Oh bless her, she's being so brave. The world is a scary place.

Brilliant job. I wish we could take them all.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline sodpot2000

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2015, 01:42:36 PM »
Looks like you are doing a terrific job with her. Medals the size of frying pans come to mind!

Offline Bluetone

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2015, 09:34:25 AM »
Fantastic news  :lol:

Offline kate2

• ** Kiwi & Lilly ** 4yr old WCS girls
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2015, 09:46:43 AM »
aww poor wee darling, she looks beautiful! :luv: so sad to think of what happened in her earlier life that made her so scared :(

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2015, 01:02:40 PM »
07/03/15  Update  Here is a video of Duo out on a walk. We managed to get around the block, it took ages but it's the furthest we've managed to get her so far.  It's very slow progress with her but she is making small steps. She is still very very scared as you can see, hence the 2 harnesses and slip leads. She didn't like the look of the lamp post, and the leaves blowing around are frightening. We came across a couple of people walking down the path and she didn't like that either but these are her first steps to learning how to enjoy normal pet life and if you think you have the time and patience to carry on  helping her then please complete an application form.
http://www.manytearsrescue.org/display_mtar_dog.php?id=12371

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2015, 04:35:23 PM »
That's very moving watching that after your updates.   You're doing such a fantastic job.

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2015, 09:01:28 PM »

14-04-15 UPDATE
Duo is continuing to learn about this new life. It is great to see her tail wag and the signs of excitement comming into her life. She will now tentatively take a treat my hand. Duo is happy living with my 2 dogs and my cat and is clean in the house day and night. She is very much a beginner at walking on a lead and still finds outside very scary. But the fact that she is now slowly accepting treats we hope to be able to reward her bravery. Duo Is looking for a quiet home with someone that can continue her confidence training in a positive manner. She is a beautiful girl who is looking for her special family to come forward. Please fill out an adoption form if you are that dog savvy person that can work with her.