Author Topic: 6 Month old sprocker pup Girl - With Pic  (Read 9145 times)

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
Re: 6 Month old sprocker pup Girl - With Pic
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 09:06:14 AM »
Awwwwwwwwwww
She's lovely  :luv:  :luv:  :luv:  :luv:

Offline ali

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 11:37:59 AM »
oh no! i knew i shouldn't have looked! she's the spitting image of barkley!  :luv:  don't know whether to smile :) or cry :'(

she really does look like a worker.

i hope she finds a home very, very soon. i'm gonna stay away from this page now- it's tooooo tempting.  ::)  :005:
'my goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am'

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 01:06:40 PM »
oh no! i knew i shouldn't have looked! she's the spitting image of barkley!  :luv:  don't know whether to smile :) or cry :'(

she really does look like a worker.

i hope she finds a home very, very soon. i'm gonna stay away from this page now- it's tooooo tempting.  ::)  :005:

as soon as i saw her ali i thought of barkley (and mich's bailey too) - what little bookends barkley and this poppet would be ;) :luv: :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline ali

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 03:11:16 PM »

as soon as i saw her ali i thought of barkley (and mich's bailey too) - what little bookends barkley and this poppet would be ;) :luv: :luv: :luv:

shhhhh...  >:(  it's too tempting by far!  :luv:

(and i said i wouldn't look again!  ::) )
'my goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am'

Offline ems

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 06:18:52 PM »
Hi All I am the lady who has taken Maisie in until we can find her a home she is a very small girl the picture was taken when she was 18 weeks old, yes we do have four resident foxes and yes they run with 47 cats 7 dogs and loads of chickens the reason they have stayed on at the sanctuary is because they had internal injuries brain damage and could never be released back into the wild Minette is nicknamed piddlepot she is very mischevious our contact details are xxxxxxx or email me at da_wallys@tiscali.co.uk Jim did say somone was keen on her and had given them my details I am not sure who that is of yet as no one has contacted me but I think I upset Gillian I again am sorry as I have no idea who you are without your username but wherever this little one goes it will be to a super home now with the right people here helping, as I have said I must be mad having three springers here at the house today especialy after the fact we had a rescue on our hands that took ages to sort out last night rescueing chickens that had been mysteriously dumped on a main road anyway will keep you all informed on Maisie's progress
regards ems

MOD EDIT - Phone number removed - please contact Ems by pm or email.

Offline ems

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 01:39:58 PM »
right I have three families interested in her one is coming to see her soon if they decide not to re home her for whatever reason I will then get hold of the next in line and so one, sorry but I feel it only fair to consider all prospective homes and let them visit with maisie before they make a definate without getting to see and know her first
ems

Offline Lee67

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 01:53:13 PM »
She is absolutely gorgeous! Looks just like my working cocker Poppy. :luv:
Lee & Poppy xx

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2007, 03:23:05 PM »
Ems you are doing a sterling job.   dont suppose you want any hens do you? ;)  Im only joking Im trying to persuade my almost 80 yr old mum to get rid of hers but shes hanging on to them... they are free free range and never lay ( if they do its under the prickliest whin bush!) Oh the joys of crofting. :D
 hope this lovely dog gets its forever home.. shes lovely. Is she off working stock? They are a bit different shall we say? ;)

Offline ems

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2007, 11:31:21 PM »
to tell you the truth this is my first cocker x coming to me I normally work with shepherds Cynthia of NESSR will tell you that I have no idea the difference between a working cocker and a normal cocker but she is really tiny Blaze my rescue springer who is just on a year now who we adopted through Cynthia is triple the size of her she is small and fast you just see black whirls as she speeds by :005: :005:

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2007, 11:39:34 PM »
well the working cocker is just that bred for working so when the dog goes to a pet home they often dont know what they are taking on and the pup land in rescue . there are endless threads on here
 and this site is great . go to the working cockers as pets bit..http://www.felsteadgundogs.com/
 it may help you rehome this wee girl as if she is not from show type stock she will need far more activity and games that help her use her brain. a bit like a collie. good luck. jean.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2007, 11:44:08 PM »
She is beautiful. I think she actually looks like she could be a pure working cocker. People often get them without actually realising what they are so it's possible that they think she is a sprocker as they don't realise that working cockers exist  ::)

They do generally require more exercise and stimulation than a show type cocker so people should be aware of this. Unfortunately it's fairly common for workers to end up in rescue when they hit between 1 and 2 years old as people don't realise what they have taken on  :'(  In the right home though they are fabulous dogs, I have two, of which one is a rescue, and I wouldn't change them for the world!  :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2007, 11:48:48 PM »
I agree nicola I think she very well may be a working cocker . shes lovely. :luv:

Offline princess

• Site Member
  • elliott is my baby
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2007, 09:21:48 PM »
as this gorgeous little girl been rehomed yet gosh she stunning :luv:
paula & elliott

Offline ems

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 04:32:19 PM »
Maisie has a home!!!!!!! thank you Emma and hubby for adopting her I am sure Isabelle and her will be great sisters full of mischief the two of them you will be having loads of fun now with them  :005: :005:

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007, 04:37:19 PM »
brilliant, fantastic news, well done everyone.