Author Topic: Cocker Companion Wanted  (Read 3635 times)

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
Cocker Companion Wanted
« on: December 04, 2003, 06:09:31 PM »
I'm kind of, sort of looking for a companion for Bess, who's an  11 year old Blue Roan Cocker.  She's been an only dog for over 2 years since we lost her "husband" the late (great) Robin (Orange & White Cocker) who was nearly 16 when we lost him.  It took her quite a while to get used to being an only dog but she eventually adapted.  The reason I'm looking for a companion for her now is that she absolutely ADORES my 24 year old son, & he is about to leave home to live with his girlfriend.  He works strange shift patterns & Bess has been used to him getting up / coming home at various times of the day & night.  Now there's just going to be Bess & me & she already misses him terribly even though he comes home about once a week at the moment.  I just feel that, having been one of a pair of doglets, she would be happier if she had a companion.  I work full time but my job is only 3 miles from home, so I come home at lunchtimes every day & she's never left for more than 4 hours.  I would like to offer a home to a mature Cocker (dog or bitch)who for some reason needs a new loving home.  Bess has been spayed so there will be no problems in that respect.  I've had Cocker Spaniels for over 30 years & they are simply the best dogs in the whole world.  I should add that I live in a rural village with lots of lovely walks nearby.  Bess also accompanies me on holiday a couple of times a year to places like Norfolk or Cornwall.                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Cocker Companion Wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 09:16:07 AM »
Hi Cindere528

Sorry that nobody has replied to your message personally, as Jane said on the previous thread things do get missed unfortunately over the Holiday Season :wink:

How far you are willing to travel to find a new companion ?  I will forward a request on your behalf to one of the other Cocker Groups I belong to.

Also as Jane mentioned have you contacted the Birmingham & West Midlands Cocker Rescue - Reg & Eileen Pain Tel: 0121 453 3215

HTH                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Cocker Companion Wanted
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 09:29:53 AM »
Hi Cindere528

Sorry that nobody has replied to your message personally, as Jane said on the previous thread things do get missed unfortunately over the Holiday Season :wink:

How far you are willing to travel to find a new companion ?  I will forward a request on your behalf to one of the other Cocker Groups I belong to.

Also as Jane mentioned have you contacted either of the East Midlands Rescue Reps? (Maureen Cunnane & Brian Grayson Tel: 01246 856272,
Bob Needham Tel: 0114 2306802 )HTH

Jane

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
Cocker Companion Wanted
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 10:07:53 PM »
Hi, thanks for your replies, it's nice to know people are looking out for me.  I am willing to travel to find the right dog.  I have a car & Bess is quite used to travelling so I would be able to bring her with me.  The main criteria is that Bess gets on with the new doggy, I would hate to upset her in any way, I just think she would be better with a companion (as long as its the right one). However, I do work full time, so I would only be able to travel at weekends.  I live in Leicestershire, so pretty much central.

I have contacted Leicestershire Cocker Rescue, a lady called Carol West.  She suggested I call back after the Christmas period so I'll call her again next week.  When I spoke to her I suggested that I would be willing to foster.  This was a new idea to her.  She said that usually a dog in need of rehoming fast would be placed in kennels.  She agreed with me that this was not ideal for a pet who is used to living in a home & she gave the impression that she was willing to consider me as a foster carer as well as a potential adopter.                    

Offline PennyB

Cocker Companion Wanted
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 07:12:53 PM »
Have sent you a PM!                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

lynseyloo

Cocker Companion Wanted
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 04:00:19 PM »
am pm'ing you ...