Author Topic: cocker wanted ( loving home ) just lost our after 14 yrs  (Read 11464 times)

Offline xxxrei

• Site Member
cocker wanted ( loving home ) just lost our after 14 yrs
« on: March 13, 2004, 05:33:06 PM »
We would love to offer a home to a Cocker , preferably under 4 yrs.I work part time, my husband  works shifts ,we are at home for at least 5 out of 7 days. Dog walker help organized,as well as being able to come home at lunch time for the odd day that we are not here.Just missing ours so much, lost him in November. One daughter 12 yrs, mature attitude.    Hopefully there is one out there for us!                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 08:38:06 PM »
http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.ph...ST&f=12&t=28391
ollie

http://217.204.252.210:1056/view/view.shtml
blackjack

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.ph...=ST&f=12&t=5988
ruby , i think patsy's still not well enough to be rehomed . she caught kennel cough but should be ok soon                    

Offline xxxrei

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 10:09:13 PM »
Thankyou,
Blackjack looks beautiful, I was able to see him on a web-cam curled up in his bed.Icouldn't find out anymore information though. I have e-mailed them about him.                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 12:12:33 AM »
i dident recive any more info either apart from hes quite lively . as you can see if you take a peek in the daytime  :lol:  i think hes pretty youngish it said he was black but im sure i can see some white from the cam ? mabe hes blue roan .i might be wrong , patsys 4 yrs old too , shes been having a hard time she got depressed from being in the kennels so long and has kennel cough now :(                    

Offline PennyB

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 12:51:37 AM »
I think Blackjack is a working cocker so would be suitable for very active families (not for the feint hearted)                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Janet

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 07:53:59 PM »
Sorry to hear of your loss.  We lost our Barley last September and were devastated, so I know what you must be going through.  I found writing on COL helped me, there are so many lovely people out there and most know exactly what you are experiencing.

I have found two rescue dogs through Dogpagesforum.  The gorgeous Cagney, posted as an orange roan cocker cross, but isn't, (he may be a Brittany Spaniel, or, possibly a SpringerXRetriever) came to us in November and last weekend we picked up the dashing Charlie, a 2 and 1/2 year old blue roan cocker.  What a joy to have a cocker back in our home.

My advice to you is never give up hope, keep looking, every day if possible and believe in fate, if it's meant to be it will happen.  I never thought I stood a chance with Charlie, but like a jigsaw, it all fell into place.  The same with Cagney, I was pipped at the post, then a phonecall out of the blue and he was mine.

Good luck with your search, I am sure you will find your forever friend soon.                    
Janet

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 10:04:18 PM »
I was at the Mayhew last week. Blackjack is a working cocker and needs a home either in a rural setting, or with a very active family. He is not suitable with young children but he can live with teenagers and other dogs. This is the info I was given about him, I almost asked to sneak a peek but I was too busy with my mum (she was picking up her second rescue dog from there at the time).                    

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 10:09:29 PM »
http://www.rspca-westhatch.co.uk/Dogsforrehoming.htm
This one is 10, maybe too old?

http://www.btinternet.com/~cdrs/
This one is 3  :)                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 12:38:53 PM »
Good luck in your search.  I was looking for a companion for Bess for a couple of months, then Dillon came along. I adopted him last weekend & I can't imagine life without him now.  I can only repeat what  others have said about looking - when the right one comes along it will be meant to happen.  Try DogPages too                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 01:37:16 PM »
I was at the Mayhew last week. Blackjack is a working cocker and needs a home either in a rural setting, or with a very active family. He is not suitable with young children but he can live with teenagers and other dogs.

Just looked at Blackjack's photo & he doesn't look like a Working Cocker to me (too much coat for a start!). He looks just like a lot of the pet blue roan Cockers I trim that have come from pet breeders as opposed to show breeders. Oh well, hope he finds a new home soon whether he's a Working Cocker or not :wink:                    
Jane

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2004, 02:25:42 PM »
As Blackjacks already being discussed here, I've moved the link to his photo:

http://www.mayhewanimalhome.org/adopt/imag...ges/Dogs/bj.jpg

definitely doesnt look like a working cocker to me either  :wink:

Again, either call on 020 8969 0178 or email on info@mayhewanimalhome.org for further details.                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2004, 08:11:59 PM »
He looks like a blue roan in need of a trim to me.                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2004, 01:23:31 AM »
when i posted the pic to mike i said the exact same thing . he was suposed to be black too acording to the posting last week . i said hed be blue :P he just needs a bit of a run , anyone locked up would run about mad like that trying to exspell energy :) good luck with looking for your cocker anyway :)                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2004, 09:16:11 AM »
Here's more info on Blackjack for anyone who may be interested, sourced by Luvlylady (aka Miss Dolittle :wink:):

I’m a 19month old Blue Roan Cocker Spaniel. I came to the home because I was destructive when left on my own; I get lonely easily and would prefer to go to a home with another dog. I have had lots of training since I’ve been here and have improved a great deal, but I am still a handful at times. I need a home with no children or cats

Offline xxxrei

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2004, 07:28:12 PM »
A big thankyou to everyone,for your replies and kind words.
I too went to visit Blackjack; he is a lovily little chap who has had a hard time , but the behaviourist at the Mayhew has worked wonders with him(she took him home for 3 weeks) According to her, he is definitely a working cocker and would require at least two hours exercise a day (preferably off lead).She said he should be OK with older children. is highly intelligent and would be good at agility.
After lots of family debates, we finally decided that we couldn't commit to that much exercise.It was a hard decision, but the right one I think. I just hope that it is not too long before he finds the right home. He  really is beautiful.