Author Topic: cocker wanted ( loving home ) just lost our after 14 yrs  (Read 11462 times)

Offline Maria

• Site Member
cocker wanted ( loving home ) just lost our after 14 yrs
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2004, 09:41:06 AM »
Blackjack is now living with the Mayhew trainer and family!

Wasn't she the lady who fostered him for a couple of weeks?
How did you find out? I am soooo pleased for him - he was tugging on my heartstrings!                    

Offline PennyB

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2004, 11:16:57 AM »
Blackjack is now living with the Mayhew trainer and family!

Wasn't she the lady who fostered him for a couple of weeks?
How did you find out? I am soooo pleased for him - he was tugging on my heartstrings!

That's right Maria she fostered him for a little while. I contacted Sue from the Mayhew (originally about advertising him on agility.net) who replied shortly after.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2004, 11:28:54 AM »
Thats realy good news Penny.    :D  He needs to be with someone experienced .                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2004, 05:25:01 PM »
Sooty the five month old black cocker pup in Ireland has also been rehomed  :D                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2004, 10:34:09 PM »
thats great  :wink:  :lol:  :D  i think ringo looks so cute :)                    

Offline xxxrei

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2004, 02:38:31 PM »
We are now the proud owners of a pup. I do feel slightly guilty owning up to this, but I did find it very difficult looking at all these rescue dogs, and either someone beating me to it or them not being suitable.  So   Dylan (popular name for dogs at the moment, but it does suit him)is now a member of our family.. His mum was orange and white his dad gold, so he is mostly gold with a few white splodges and a spotty nose. - very pretty. I have never had two dogs before but it is something I am considering. Lots of questions though,  What  age should Dylan be ideally before we consider resuming our search for a rescue cocker?There seem to be lots of you out there with two, three or even four!    I would welcome some advice. Many thanks                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2004, 09:19:52 PM »
Congratulations on your new pup.  There are always seem to be so many people after the cockers when they come up for rehoming, which is good.  You should enjoy your pup for at least 18months before you decide to add to your doggie family.  The theory is that you have one well trained dog before you take on another.  Some well trained dogs (ahem!  I'll mention no names  :evil:  ) take a step back in their training when a new pup arrives  :roll:   :roll: .  I'm sure we'll get there though.

Have fun with your new addition - pictures soon please  :D                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline xxxrei

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2004, 03:14:34 PM »
Thanks for the advice . The pictures of your two are great, Cooper looks very much like our previous cocker Marcus.How long did it take Morgan to adjust to the new pup and how was he/she on first introduction :?:  

I'll try some pics , might take me a while as I don't know how.                    

Offline xxxrei

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2004, 04:00:51 PM »
I've just added two pics of Dylan to the rogues gallery, puppy section. First car journey and newly arrived 9weeks old.                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2004, 04:43:25 PM »
Hi there

Morgan was great with Cooper from the very first day.  For the first few days they kind of ignored eachother but by day 3 or 4 they were playing together and maing quite a racket with it  :lol:   It is great fun having they both - very entertaining  :lol:

Am off now to look at Dylan's photo  :P

Byeee                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2004, 04:48:23 PM »
Just seen his photo. And hes gorgeous.  :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~