Author Topic: COCKER WANTED  (Read 5863 times)

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
COCKER WANTED
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2004, 10:05:42 PM »
hey donna if you look at the thread someone wanting a cocker after loosing there 14 yr old
ive put a few more cockers. dont worry about where  they are .as most rescues are willing to transport a dog to the right home :)you would have to ask thou :) good luck if i find any more i will post them for you                    

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
COCKER WANTED
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2004, 05:20:15 PM »
Donna,
There will always be quite a few dogs in every breed in rescue that cannot be safely rehomed with children/cats. Sometimes it's just precautionary and sometimes there is evidence that the dog is unsafe around them.
But it IS possible to get rescue cockers that get along well with children and cats. Myself, Beanoandcharliesmum and sallyjack all have young children and rescue cockers.
When I took Toby on, he had already lived with children and been child-tested by the rescue but he had never met a cat. This hasn't been a problem for us as, after an initial barking match, they have settled down together well.
It's often a matter of waiting patiently for the right dog to come along. I'd almost given up on the idea of finding a cocker when Toby appeared on the Irish site. I had contacted cocker spaniel rescue but they had told me they would only rehome where there were older children. This shouldn't be a problem for you. Is your name down on the breed rescue list?                    

Offline donna37

• Site Member
COCKER WANTED
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2004, 06:15:34 PM »
Yes my name is down with the breed rescue.  As you said I am prepared to wait for the right dog for us so fingers crossed and I'll just keep looking.

Again...thanx everyone for keeping your eye out for me!

Donna