Author Topic: I'm keeping my foster dog  (Read 4555 times)

Offline sallyjack

• Site Member
I'm keeping my foster dog
« on: March 18, 2004, 10:11:29 PM »
I have been fostering a gorgeous 4yr old golden cocker,Jake, for the past week or so and we have decided to make him a perm member of the family :D
He gets on great with my 3 children and loves to cuddle up with either one of my two boxers.
Glad to be a cocker owner at last :)

Sally                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 10:24:33 PM »
That's lovely news - a happy ending all round :D Love the photos on Dogpages particularly the one with Jake & Boxer friend & little human friend all lying down together :D                    
Jane

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 10:32:41 PM »
I saw the photos - great news :D  Particularly love the photo of the boxer using Jake as a cushion :lol:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline PennyB

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 10:45:05 PM »
Glad to see that you're giving him a permanent home (and thank doG Dasha took him so he didn't have to spend his eternity in a flat on his own for hours on end).                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 11:02:34 PM »
Thats great news  :D  could you post a pic in the gallery..I'd love to see it  :wink:                    

Offline sallyjack

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 11:19:50 PM »
He loves to lay out in the garden or under my feet when I'm on the computer :)
He enjoys running on the field with Hooch and Bonnie,its great to watch them altogether.
I am at home most of the day but when I do go out he has the boxers for company.
Hope he enjoys being with us as much as we enjoy having him here                    

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 12:49:35 AM »
Congratulations again Sally  :D
What is his story? Why was he in rescue etc? He is so gorgeous.                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 08:58:23 AM »
:D Awww what a happy ending!  It seems he has made himself at home too :D   Looking forward to seeing the pictures 8)                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 09:18:23 AM »
Thats wonderful news Sally.    :D  Ive seen the piccies on DP he looks a very contented little fella.  :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004, 09:48:17 AM »
Congratulations Sally :D

It so nice that Jake has found such a loving new owner at last. :wink:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline PennyB

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2004, 11:37:47 AM »
Congratulations again Sally  :D
What is his story? Why was he in rescue etc? He is so gorgeous.

I know the answer to this one (mainly because his story began in Caerphilly/Cardiff after a chance comment by my dog trainer). Jake's 1st home decided to get a baby and a new carpet and Jakey didn't really fit in with the new decor any more so he was rehomed to brother who lived in a flat without a garden and who was out for 12 hours+ a day. Friend's kids felt sorry for him and rehomed him with their mum who had already said she didn't want him because she also worked long hours but felt sorry for him anyway (and at least he had access to the garden during the day, albeit by leaving the back door open!) and there he lived for 18 months. I heard through the grapevine this cocker was now looking for a new home or the owner said he was going back to bloke in flat who's still out for 12 hours+ a day. I had a friend who was looking for another cocker to keep hers company. My friend fell in love with him straight away and its hard not to if you ever see him (and to tell you the truth if she hadn't taken him I would've tried to persuade the owner to let me find a home as she kept going on about how he'd father wonderful litters etc. and was going to put an ad in the free ads or he was going back to a previous owner who really couldn't look after him properly either).

Sadly, to cut a long story short Jake had very bad separation anxiety when he lived at my friend's house and she couldn't cope for various personal reasons that emerged. I couldn't take him on and so rather than advertising him here or on dp (as he needed to be properly assessed) I decided to contact Dasha who took him in straight away. After he was neutered Sally took him on as a fosterer and the rest is history :lol: . I know Sally is working really hard to help him become more settled and get over his separation anxiety problems.

I for one am very pleased Sally took him on as it was such a worry that a lovely dog had to go through so many homes and feel so insecure.                    
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2004, 07:20:01 PM »
What a sad start to poor Jakes life :cry: .  Good job he's got a lovely home now :D  :P .  Congratulations - he is gorgeous!  :D  Another handsome golden boy to add to the gallery   :wink:  :D .                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline sallyjack

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2004, 02:26:55 PM »
Jake is really settling well.He is okay being left as long as it is with my two boxers :) At night he settles down usually cuddled up to one of them and don't usually hear from him until about 7 when he starts crying a little,but nothing like when he first arrived.
He is very vocal when excited and can be a bit of a trouble maker when out on the field :lol: If another dog comes towards us he runs around barking which seems to wind the other dogs up,so we will have to work with this.
He really is a lovely dog who likes nothing better than sit on my lap for a cuddle :D                    

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2004, 05:10:48 PM »
aaaaaawwwww a happy ending   :)  Cant believe what some dog owners do. How can a new carpet come before your best friend? They didnt deserve him  :(  turned out for the best forJake  because now he has you :lol:
I would love another cocker but Billy is too young (5 months).But when the time is right in a few years i  definatley want a rescue cocker.

Is his picture in the gallery?                    

Offline PennyB

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2004, 06:58:43 PM »
Cant believe what some dog owners do. How can a new carpet come before your best friend? They didnt deserve him  :(  turned out for the best forJake  because now he has you :lol:
?

It probably happens more often than you think. I once tried to rescue a cocker who's owners had 'rehomed' him to the garage when they moved house as they now had new furniture and carpet. The garage had no heating or floor covering. Sadly the dog was 'spirited away' before I could get my hands on him.                    
Friends of Hailey Park