Author Topic: Golden boy 1 yo needs home  (Read 5968 times)

Offline Hel

• Site Member
Golden boy 1 yo needs home
« on: April 05, 2004, 01:50:31 PM »
Crossposted from dogpages.
http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.ph...=ST&f=2&t=31307

Chester - a lovely golden Cocker Spaniel needs a home where there is someone around most of the time. And, preferably has another dog to keep him company when they are not.

He suffers from acute separation anxiety, which needs working on. This is probably due to him having 5 homes within his short life, he is approximately 1 year old! He is housetrained and very obedient.

Please phone 07050 264531 if you are interested in him.

Priority will be given to adopters in the Greater Manchester area.

Chester is at the RSPCA Tameside and Gossop.                    

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 03:13:35 PM »
Poor little boy. Toby was passed around too, and this has made him quite insecure but even after two months things are improving  :D
We had a border collie with severe seperation anxiety, she was a rescue dog and it was very hard to cope with, in the end we just took her everywhere and if there was no way around it we had to leave her in the kitchen but we had to move everything because she even dragged the microwave and kettle etc down on occasions, which apart from anything could easily have harmed her.
We had no help though, we didn't know about behaviourists etc at the time. With support from the RSPCA I'm sure someone could help this boy with his problems, especially as he is so young  :D                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 06:54:08 PM »
:P Has anyone else seen the picture of this boy?  He is sooooooooooo gorgeous!!!  Can't believe it....5  homes - what is wrong with these people??  :x  I've no doubt he'll be snapped up soon  :D                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 07:14:23 PM »
He is a very handsome boy isn't he...what a shame  :(  I really hope he dins a permanant secure home very soon.                    

Offline PennyB

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 07:23:45 PM »
Probably passed around by people who didn't do their research about cockers!                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 08:16:22 PM »
OMG! He is just adorable. Manchester isn't that far from Dundee really, is it :wink: Hope he finds his new home soon :(                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 10:31:16 PM »
Aaaawwww  :D   :D   :D - didn't take him long, he's now reserved   :P   :P   With a face as cute as that it's no wonder.  Hopefully he'll soon be settled in his new home.                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

scoobie

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 09:31:39 AM »
Well I have been thinking about getting another cocker for a while now and when I saw the piccie of chester I was straight on that phone! I spoke to a very lovely lady who told me that they thought chester came from a puppy farm which is the reason why he has had 5 homes in such a short space of time, apparently that gorgeous little chap had been demolishing doors etc in his frenzy through being on his own and I guess in the hands of inexperienced owners they are not looking as to WHY chester is behaving like that which in my eyes is understandbe when left alone.
I told the lovely lady over the phone that we are both here through the day cos we run our own business from home and also that I had another cocker (honestly I did try to save him) but before my plea she had already said that chester was reserved. apparently they had interet shown as far away as scotland so west mids where I live wasn't a million miles away from manchester. I have left my phone no. and if another one comes in or if chester does'nt settle in his new home she will ring me
Edith and scoobie                    

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 09:52:20 AM »
Awwww  Good for you Edith :lol:   You may be lucky yet :wink:  :lol:                    
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2004, 10:01:03 AM »
Isnt he a beauty, poor little fella,     :(   getting passed around from pillar to post, like that. :shock:

No wonder hes got separation anxiety. :(

Lets hope he gets his FOREVER home soon.  You never know Edith, you might still get him   :wink:    Good luck.  :)                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2004, 10:05:43 AM »
I've just seen his picture and he is gorgeous!!!! Was seriously tempted but have got a cat and work so it wouldn't have worked. Hope his new home can spend lots of time with him.

I'm sure he'll turn out great with a bit a time :D                    
Anita

scoobie

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2004, 04:43:59 PM »
Thanks for your best wishes Linda and Barb I'm a great believer in fate and will find my little guy when the time is right!
Edith and scoobie xx                    

Offline PennyB

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2004, 09:49:20 PM »
I think when some people see cockers they just think they are cute lapdogs/well behaved without thinking that for some of us a lot of work has gone into their training. Some get pups even though they work full time and there's no one to train the poor thing. If you look in the free ads there are often a large no. of young cockers being sold on when they hit 5 months!                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2004, 11:42:41 PM »
I know the irish pound orange roan girl was taken somewhere , if anyones interested i could always find out where she went as often they get sent to a rescue around the country. someone said shes about 2 yrs old .                    

scoobie

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2004, 04:04:42 PM »
Yes Luvlylady I am interested about the roan cocker I would appreciate it if you can find out where she is
Cheers Edith