Author Topic: Cocker wanted  (Read 3641 times)

Offline SarahWilliams

• Site Member
Cocker wanted
« on: April 21, 2004, 10:22:38 PM »
My mother, recently widowed has decided that she would like to give a good home to a Cocker Spaniel, preferably male, having owned several in the past.  Please contact me (Mupps71@hotmail.com) if you know of any that may require rehoming - ideally in the Dorset area but willing to travel if required.

Many thanks

Sarah                    

Offline PennyB

Cocker wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 12:09:39 AM »
What about the golden boy that Dasha has at the moment:

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.ph...=ST&f=2&t=32861

He's 5 years old                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Cocker wanted
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 10:32:17 PM »
ops missed this thread here goes anyway have you seen patsy ?
just saw a new pic of her shes been in the center a long time :(
http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.ph...=ST&f=2&t=33910
Not to be homed with children and other animalsOr theres ollie further down the rescue forum :)                    

Offline donna37

• Site Member
Cocker wanted
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 11:36:29 PM »
Are they both still waiting to be rehomed?  If so...its such a shame.

Donna                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Cocker wanted
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 11:45:37 PM »
unfortunalty yes ,  i think most people either have children or other pets shame ollies a hansom little boy im glad they got him groomed after i had a chat with them :) they never clippted him all off very impressed with you foal farm , hes gone from shaggy terrier looking.... to hansom :)  :D                    

Offline donna37

• Site Member
Cocker wanted
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 11:50:34 PM »
I did consider Ollie before I knew about Jake.  I must say it was the fact that they said he would have to be knocked out to be groomed that put me off....I wouldve have found it too distressing...softie that I am :roll:                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Cocker wanted
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 12:44:09 AM »
is that ollie or robbie? i dident know ollie had the same problem  :(                    

Offline donna37

• Site Member
Cocker wanted
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 01:44:35 AM »
No you are quite right it was Robbie....I got confused....doh!
 :oops:                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Cocker wanted
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 11:50:30 PM »
No problem :) I get confused with some of them too  : :oops:                    

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Cocker wanted
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 12:10:57 PM »
I really want to see Patsy in a home, poor girl. It's a shame that she can't be rehomed with pets or children as this narrows down potential homes so much. But even so, I am surprised she is STILL at Teckels after all this time  :(                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Cocker wanted
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2004, 01:13:23 PM »
But even so, I am surprised she is STILL at Teckels after all this time  :(

I'm not sadly :(  I receive a large number of emails enquiring about homing older Cockers & almost all of them are looking for the perfect pet, good with children, cats & other dogs etc - they don't want a dog with "issues" which need sorting out. I'm sure out there somewhere there is someone just right for Patsy but it won't be easy - a lot of people do have very high expectations it seems.                    
Jane

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Cocker wanted
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 01:56:14 PM »
But even so, I am surprised she is STILL at Teckels after all this time  :(

I'm not sadly :(  I receive a large number of emails enquiring about homing older Cockers & almost all of them are looking for the perfect pet, good with children, cats & other dogs etc - they don't want a dog with "issues" which need sorting out. I'm sure out there somewhere there is someone just right for Patsy but it won't be easy - a lot of people do have very high expectations it seems.

People are so unrealistic at times  :roll: Many pedigrees in rescue have issues to sort out. It's sad to say it but if they were the perfect pets their owners would probably have sold them rather than given them to rescue centres  :(  Although I've heard of a fair few dogs who HAVE been sold with no mention of their behavioural problems which is at best irresponsible.
Poor Patsy  :cry:                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Cocker wanted
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 04:55:40 PM »
dogs also go to rescues if someone decides they want to go away but dont want to pay kenneling  :roll: so you can end up with the perfect dog there for no reason.
I find that these animals normaly have behavour problems due to there owners . they cant be botherd to put the time and effort in and in the end they cant even be botherd to try and rehome the dog with someone else .

theres got to be a animal less child less home out there for patsy .but it will take some time to find one :(  poor old ollie has the exact same problem but ive noticed that he may be rehomed to a home that has dogs ( but has to meet the dog first) mabe they have been working on him  :lol: