Author Topic: Many Tears: Lady is a beautiful ex breeding cocker spaniel  (Read 11941 times)

Offline stuffster

• Luna
Re: Many Tears: Lady is a beautiful ex breeding cocker spaniel
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2009, 08:59:50 AM »
Not rescued from Many Tears, but from Lizzies Barn a few miles away. What stage are you at so far? Have you been homechecked? Once check is done, you will be asked to take Floyd with you and prob the whole family to go and meet her. If that all goes well you should be approved to take her home.

FIngers crossed for you - I love this poor girl - I keep looking at her on the MT site, as she has been there so long. I really hope she can come home with you! :luv:

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2009, 09:10:22 AM »
What she said. ;) I adopted a kitten from many tears, and they'll get a local homechecker to come and see you all at home, and if you pass the homecheck then you'll arrange to go and see her at the fosterers house, and so long as you all get along she'll be able to go home with you. :luv: It took me aaaaaaages to get Ginny 'cos it was around christmas time, so no homecheckers/staff were available, think it was 4 weeks from my application to taking her home, but i suspect it's all a bit quicker normally. :D
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2009, 09:13:08 AM »
Remy is a MT girl and i have fostered for them as well.

Kevin will be arranging for someone to do a homecheck, hopefully they will have someone that is close to you that will homecheck for them but if he has to find someone it may take a bit longer. Then once that is done everyone in your family will have to visit her. I once had a family of 6 plus 2 dogs turn up at my house  ;) Time seams to go so slowly when you are on the that side of things, it did for us when we were trying to get Remy.

Hopefully you will get a call from a homechecker soon and it all works out for you  :D

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2009, 10:47:55 AM »
spoke to many tears and i have to call back tomorrow and speak to kevin so hopefully i will have more news for u guys tom
isnt waitin soooooooooooo frustrating lol
leeann

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2009, 11:04:09 AM »
spoke to many tears and i have to call back tomorrow and speak to kevin so hopefully i will have more news for u guys tom
isnt waitin soooooooooooo frustrating lol
leeann

It is-for all of us as well who are following the thread with baited breath! ph34r

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2009, 11:04:47 AM »
spoke to soon lol just had joyce on the phone she is now organizing our home check and she will give us a call back tom i cant see us not passin that we have a fair size house and a huge garden completly fenced off and a fenced off garden out the front at see now im gettin nervous they might find something wrong argh no relax leeann everything is fine as long as she likes us and floyd she will come to irvine she will come to irvine
lol
leeann

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2009, 12:10:28 PM »
spoke to soon lol just had joyce on the phone she is now organizing our home check and she will give us a call back tom i cant see us not passin that we have a fair size house and a huge garden completly fenced off and a fenced off garden out the front at see now im gettin nervous they might find something wrong argh no relax leeann everything is fine as long as she likes us and floyd she will come to irvine she will come to irvine
lol
leeann

Don't forget to clean your windows! ;)

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2009, 02:09:18 PM »
lol that wouldnt work i can clean them and 2 mins later they r dcovered in floydy goey nose marks
lol

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2009, 02:19:18 PM »
lol
leeann

Don't forget to clean your windows! ;)

Actually i think most homecheckers are happier passing a more homely and pet friendly home, at least you know they're not going to mind the inevitable mud/hair/nose prints etc :005: (that's my excuse anyway ph34r :lol2:) However tea and biscuits are very important. ;) I cleaned my house top to bottom and spent the day before my homecheck baking muffins, :shades: turned out she only looked at the lounge and garden and didn't stay long enough for a cuppa tea ::) :005: Jarvis helped pass my homecheck though, he perched on her lap like a baby and snogged her to within an inch of her life. ph34r :luv:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2009, 02:48:35 PM »
Oh how exciting for you all especially Ruby. It brings it all back when we went through it last year to get our Dylan & we were lucky that the process was quite quick. I coudn'y have beared to wait to loong
Everything crossed here and looking forward to seeing lots of photos
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2009, 03:45:13 PM »
Jarvis helped pass my homecheck though, he perched on her lap like a baby and snogged her to within an inch of her life. ph34r :luv:

Awwwww  :luv:

Good luck Leeann  :D

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2009, 08:04:22 AM »
hopefully find out about the h ome check today im soooooooo bad i went out yesterday and bought new blankets new bed new bowls determined we r gettin this girl (if the worst comes to the worst floyd will look good with his pink blankey lol )everythin else i can use for him but hey im sure it will all be fine floyd has been practicin his snoggin lol

Offline emms

• Site Member
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2009, 08:43:32 AM »
Fingers crossed for you and Ruby :D

Offline skyesmum

• Limited Member
  • My 2 Girls!
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2009, 09:54:33 AM »
Hope it goes well.  :luv:
xxx  Gill, Skye-de-Pie and Puppy Ruaidh  xxx

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2009, 08:58:15 PM »
LADY
BEING FOSTERED IN EDINBURGH

10-12-08 Lady is a beautiful ex breeding cocker spaniel. This lovely 5 year old lady is blind in one eye. She gets on well with the dogs she has met here and comes forward for attention but is still very scared and will need lots of TLC.   A home with another dog will help her a lot.

PLEASE NOTE:  Ex-breeding dogs are normally best homed with another dog as they have usually never lived in a house before.  They are used to living with other dogs and learn faster with another to copy from.  This also helps with house training and learning how to walk on a lead.  They will make lovely pets but do need a lot of love, time and patience.

02-02-09 UPDATE

Well Lady is coming on well.  She loves going out for her walks and as soon as she sees the lead her tail starts wagging.  She is still very timid and doesn't like loud noises but she is a lovely gentle girl who will make a lovely pet.

Being fostered in Edinburgh. To adopt a dog from Many Tears Animal Rescue you will be home checked, you and all members of your family and any dogs who will be living with the dog you want to adopt MUST come to meet the new dog.  If adopting a puppy you will need to provide details of training classes in your area.   All our dogs are micro-chipped, inoculated and spayed/neutered unless there is a medical reason for not doing so.  We ask for a minimum adoption fee of £160 for our foster dogs to help cover the cost of transporting them to their foster homes.  If you are interested in adopting this dog please complete the Foster Dog Adoption Form or contact Kevin on 01249 655323 between 10am-4pm.

20-04-09 BEING HOME VETTED

wednesday night at 630 we r bein home checked it finally says it on her wee bitty from the site i am like soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited
leeann