Author Topic: Kilty - 6 year old girl at Many Tears. (sadly has many mammary tumours)  (Read 8760 times)

Offline gorgeouspoppy

Re: Kilty - 6 year old girl at Many Tears. (sadly has many mammary tumours)
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 12:10:53 PM »
Kilty is an absolute angel  :luv: 

She arrived last night and her tail has been wagging ever since.  She is timid but ready to love.  She likes a cuddle and gives you cocker kisses in return. 

We have been a very good girl and have had no accidents with housetraining.  :D

She is very fluffy - like a cuddly bear.  :005:

Sadly her mammary tumours are too deep rooted to be removed and the vet felt it would be kinder to leave them than part remove them as there is lots.  But they do feel she should have a good 3 years ahead of her. 

xx
Jo, Poppy, Misty + Kinda.xx

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 03:39:24 PM »
 :luv: :luv: :luv:

:-*

Offline Breagh

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 04:25:26 PM »
 :luv: what a gorgeous girl...she has a face just perfect for kisses  :luv:
National Families Co-ordinator
Springer Rescue for Scotland

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 05:09:05 PM »
Oh, I love her. What a sweetheart she sounds (and looks) :luv: It's just not possible at the moment though :'(

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 08:44:50 PM »
02/02/10 update:

Kilty is a pleasure to foster. She is 100% housetrained and has been left for a period of 3 hours with no problems. She enjoys going walks and is learning to walk well on a lead but is a little startled by traffic noise at the moment. She also travels well in a car. She has been good with my 3 young children. Kilty absolutely loves humans and enjoys nothing more than having her belly rubbed and having cuddles. She is braver than most ex breeding girls. She will quite happily wander from room to room tail wagging away! She can be quite choosy as to which dogs she wants to live with though. She will not want to share a house with puppies/young dogs as they will be too in her face and she will grumble at them. She is fine living with my 9 year old cocker and has come round to living with my 5 year old one. Therefore she would prefer an older calm dog if sharing a house with one. However Kilty would be equally as happy as AN ONLY DOG if you are at home a lot of the time to give her the love and cuddles she so deserves. Please do not pass this gorgeous girl by just because she has tumours. Take a look into those loving eyes and apply for her now - you will not regret it. She is very loving and will make a fantastic addition to your family. She deserves to be spoilt for how ever many years she may have ahead of her.

She is sitting waiting patiently for her new mummy  :luv:

xx

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 07:32:14 PM »
I am bumping up my gorgeous foster girl since she has slipped to page 2.  :005: :luv:

Kilty has been with me 3 weeks now and has made great progress.  She is 100% housetrained and can happily be left for 3-4 hours with no problems.  Walks fine on the lead - still getting used to all the new sounds and smells when out.

When she first arrived she was rather choosy which dogs she liked. She grumbled everytime Misty (my 7 month old pup) bounded near her and snapped at her the 2nd day here.  She also took an instant dislike to Kinda (who is definately not a bouncy in your face dog) and grumbled showing teeth every time she passed.  ph34r  She never had a problem with Poppy. But after patience, time and love that has all changed.  :D  She enjoys cuddling up to Kinda now and doesn't grumble at her anymore.  I can leave them in the same room with no problems.  She will also share a bed with Misty but will grumble at her when Misty wants to hang off her ears!  So Kilty would prefer not to go to a home with a puppy! Kilty is fine with other dogs who visit.

She loves humans to bits. Tail never stops wagging and thumping off of doors, walls, floors etc!  She is fine with children - just finds a quieter corner when it gets too noisy.  So she could go as an only dog if someone is around a lot of the time.

She now takes treats gently instead of grabbing your fingers! :005:  Eats next to all the other dogs with no problems.  

Loves to be brushed.  It has taken me 3 weeks to get all her matted hair sorted and I never had one grumble from her.

She may have arrived as a little madam but she certainly is not anymore. :D

Her tumours are not visble to look at but you can feel them.  She is not in any pain and not on any medication at the moment.  The vet feels she should have 3 years (maybe less, maybe more).  When she starts to suffer she will need pain relief and her new owner will have to be prepared to do the kindest thing for Kilty.  It is a big ask for someone to take on a rescue dog knowing all of this but please consider her as she is worth it.  She is a pleasure to have.

Pictures to show just how loving she is.

With Misty!

And a little video to show her waggy tail!

xx

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 08:32:04 PM »
She sounds (& looks  :luv: ) a real sweetheart Jo
Wishing her forever home, comes along soon ..... she deserves some love & kindness in her remaining years  :angel:

:bigarmhug: to you Jo for all the lovely work you are doing  :-*
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 08:34:58 PM »
I really hope she finds that forever home soon, its lovely to see that little waggy bottom. :luv:
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 05:05:20 PM »
Kilty has been to the groomers  :D.   She was needing a tidy up as she still had a few matts that needed sorted, especially on her legs and paws.  :luv:

Poor Kilty also appears to have hip dysplasia  :'(.   We did think her gait was irregular but due to all her hair we couldn't be certain.  Now that she has been cut you can clearly see it.    Rita (who cut her hair for me) has been a breeder for over 20 years and does cocker rescue scotland and that was the first thing she noticed (hip dysplasia).

xx

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 12:02:43 AM »

I'm really miserable because I have been trying for 2 days to convince OH we should take Kilty, especially now that Mollie has calmed down and I believe we could give this lovely girl a decent life, but he won't agree to it.  I'm going to keep trying but doesn't look like it's going to work.  Men!!!!!

Truly appreciate everything fosterers like Jo do for these dogs.

Offline Jenna

• Bailey Boy!
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 08:29:26 AM »
She is looking heaps better than the first photos. Hope she finds a home soon.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 02:36:36 PM »
I'm really miserable because I have been trying for 2 days to convince OH we should take Kilty, especially now that Mollie has calmed down and I believe we could give this lovely girl a decent life, but he won't agree to it.  I'm going to keep trying but doesn't look like it's going to work.  Men!!!!!

Truly appreciate everything fosterers like Jo do for these dogs.

Aww Diane, you could give her a wonderful home and I'm sure Alfie and Mollie would love her :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline kirstyb

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 09:35:30 PM »
I've managed to get up to see Kilty this afternoon. What a adorable girl she is. Loves Cheese  :005: :luv: :luv:

She kept an eye on Sam and Misty while they were playing having fun. I really hope she has a forever home soon.
Sam and Pepper's Mummy

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 12:07:29 AM »
Nic, I'm still trying to wear the inflexible and opinionated one down.  At least Kilty has a home with Jo until whenever.  I don't know why there's so little interest.  The 2 or 3 years thing would not bother me - that's rubbish - of course it would at the end but in the big picture it wouldn't and look what the 2 or 3 years would bring someone.

Offline Tessa1

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 08:53:55 PM »
Kitty looks adorable.... what a sweetie