Author Topic: Just how many?  (Read 2081 times)

Offline jaymac

• Site Member
  • Poppy Puppy
Just how many?
« on: August 06, 2010, 10:51:57 PM »
 First of all, I think Many Tears is doing a fabulous job but I wonder just how many cockers they rehome each year and how many poor dogs are still on puppy farms and how many pups they are producing each year. I often see pups on ***** from Ceridigion(?) and wonder if that's where the many Tears dogs originate.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Just how many?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 11:02:05 PM »
There's no way of knowing for sure how many dogs are being kept on puppy farms as breeding machines, there's little or no regulation or control of this vile industry :-\  The dogs are kept locked away in sheds and barns, in the case of smaller breeds often packed into stacked up crates so they can fit in as many as they can. Undoubtedly they produce thousands of puppies every year (not just Cockers obviously). The dogs you see on the likes of the Many Tears site etc. are really the lucky minority - they've got out - many, many more never do.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 08:19:54 AM »
It is truly heartbreaking what young dogs have to cope with in our country of 'animal lovers'  :'( :'(

Why can't our government do more to wipe out this vile industry? We need a dedicated team to get inside the industry and start making headway.

I just don't understand how any human being can watch animals suffer  >:D :'(

Offline LindyLou

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 09:40:14 AM »
I count about 12 cockers up for rehoming from Many Tears in the last 3 to 4 days!

Do Many Tears approach puppy farmers and offer to take them away?
Linda & Baxter

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 09:50:09 AM »
This makes me so angry. I cant believe that the various organisations who could do something about this ,don't. When the RSPCA can prosecute a farmer for not having an electric light bulb in his cow shed but can let this cruel and inhuman trade thrive then all hope is lost in this so called land of animal lovers.  >:D
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 06:39:56 PM »
I can't even conceive of the idea of anyone treating an animal inhumanely.......I could never work for the RSPCA or similar organisations...........I would be up for assault at the least, or even murder of the people who do harm or mistreat animals.   >:D >:D
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 08:06:34 PM »
I count about 12 cockers up for rehoming from Many Tears in the last 3 to 4 days!

Do Many Tears approach puppy farmers and offer to take them away?

I don't know whether they approach them, but from what I know of puppy farming, by offering rescue spaces she is saving these dogs from an otherwise horrible end.  :'( :'(
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 08:08:44 PM »
And in response to the original question, like Nicola said, no-one knows.

I know that the puppy farm that Fizz came from was hell on earth.  >:D >:D Fizz was one of four cockers handed over that day, (Crazy Cocker Gang's Flynn was another) there have since been more and other breeds as well. I will never forget the state that Fizz arrived in or the smell for as long as I live.  :'( :'(
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline Shelley2007

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 09:49:16 PM »
Ive just been on the many tears site and OMG its unbelievable how many gorgeous Cockers there are >:(. I want them all and soooo would- if only we had the room.  :'(

Offline grracee

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 05:45:34 PM »
Ive just been on the many tears site and OMG its unbelievable how many gorgeous Cockers there are >:(. I want them all and soooo would- if only we had the room.  :'(

Me too, i've been very tempted by all the beautiful cockers that have been on there the last couple of days! :luv: :luv:

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 03:53:12 PM »
 i live in Aberystwyth in Ceredigion,its quite a big county , just over an hour from MT , alot of the welsh puppy farms are closer to Many Tears, though they will drive for hours to pick up some of these dogs, as far as i know they will pick a dog up from anywhere if its in danger. Please remember there are also puppy farms in England, and alot of huge commercial breeders who are just as bad IMHO >:D >:D >:D, as Nicola says no one knows as you dont get to see these poor dogs, but i expect its much worse than we think
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »
MOst of the blame is with the Kennel Club. They accept the registration of all the puppies, never query the number of litters. Perhaps they should have a limit to the number of litters each bitch is allowed to have. They already have the technology in place, I wouldn't imagine it would be that difficult to check this.