Author Topic: Andi - 1yr Old Ex-Breeding Cocker at Many Tears  (Read 11049 times)

Offline eloisecherry

Re: Andi - 1yr Old Ex-Breeding Cocker at Many Tears
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »
Hi again everyone,

If you would like to meet him, little Bertie will be at our Royal Wedding Fund Raising Weekend this weekend which is at Nibley House, North Nibley, Gloucestershire:

www.nibleyhouse.co.uk

We are camping so I will make sure that I get some more photos of him  :luv:

Unfortunately Many Tears do not rehome to people who live in upstairs flats, but will consider applications from those who live in downstairs flats with their own gardens. Bertie really does need his own garden as he is not 100% housetrained yet (but making good progress) and he also spends a fair chunk of the day racing around with Fifi in ours.

Adrienne
x
Mum to Tilly Lab, Nala Weimeraner and Fifi the Cavvy pup - all rescues! Fosterer for Many Tears Animal Rescue

Offline eloisecherry

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2011, 10:23:02 AM »
I hope this works, but here is a little video of Bertie with a B!

Excuse my shrieking but no idea how to edit the sound!  :005:

P.S and he did come back at the end  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsdQm4nkcL0
Mum to Tilly Lab, Nala Weimeraner and Fifi the Cavvy pup - all rescues! Fosterer for Many Tears Animal Rescue

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2011, 10:44:02 AM »
Hee Hee Bertie =little tiny dot in distance :lol:
Seriously though, that little dog looks fab :luv: I dearly hope he gets his new home soon, good on you for looking after him.
xxx 

Offline Aramis

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »
eloisecherry: I did have a chucle watching your video. I love the cries of Bert?? BERTIE!!! as he runs into the distance. I've spent many an hour calling out for my dogs in the hope that they'll stop chasing the rabbit, cat, squirell, etc!

He looks like a stunner, hopefully he'll find a permanent home soon! 

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2011, 06:13:44 AM »
he looks a typical gorgeous little cocker, i dont understand why he hasnt found a home, but he looks very happy with you anyway  :luv:
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline cfordham2710

• Donator
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 08:34:49 PM »
He is lovely  :luv:

Offline Catie74

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2011, 08:52:20 PM »
I'm gutted that the rescue centre won't home to people in flats.  I have never understood why this is a problem.  My dogs get loads of off lead and lead walks everyday.  If the centre changed their minds, I would have Bertie like a shot.  I think he is gorgeous.

Such a shame he has been left waiting so long, as the longer he stays in foster care, the harder it will be for him to settle in a new home.

I am actually angry with the breeder who, just got rid of him because he was not any use as a breeding machine.  No consideration for the fact that this dog is an animal with feelings.  Grrrrrrrrrr rant over.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2011, 12:38:20 AM »
Such a shame he has been left waiting so long, as the longer he stays in foster care, the harder it will be for him to settle in a new home.

He should be fine - foster carers prepare them well for their new homes no matter how long they're there - they adapt pretty well with the new change mine always have.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2011, 10:59:47 AM »

He should be fine - foster carers prepare them well for their new homes no matter how long they're there - they adapt pretty well with the new change mine always have.

I agree totally ...Adrienne who is fostering him fostered my little girl Holly and we will always be so grateful for the love and care and happy environment that little Holly had whilst in her care.....fosterers are such devoted caring people   :luv: 
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline eloisecherry

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2011, 01:23:15 PM »
Bertie had a lovely weekend at our fundraising camping event.

He made himself quite at home popping in and out of everyone's tents for a cuddle or to see if any food was on offer  :005:

He is super friendly and just loves people, cuddles are his most favourite thing in the world  :luv: He is also very well mannered around other dogs but can bit a bit shy around bigger dogs, preferring medium to small ones. He and Fifi the cav are best buddies and play and play together.

Here are some photos from the weekend of the little fellow....

Offline Catie74

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2011, 02:16:58 PM »
Oh dear I don't think what I was saying came out right.  What I meant was that Bertie is so well loved in his foster home that it will be hard for him to leave as he will see them as his family.  There is now question how well he is looked after.  I am glad he has found a loving environment and at least experiences a normal family way of life.  Adorable photos,

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2011, 02:48:43 PM »
Hi Adrienne
Thanks for showing us beautiful Bertie again :luv:
Any news on his moving on from you? He looks soooo happy now,completely different to the poor wee soul we first saw, so good on you for that :clapping:
Here's hoping it won't be too long now!
xxx

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2011, 04:46:46 PM »
 :luv: :luv: :luv: he looks teeny in some of the pics  :-*
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline eloisecherry

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2011, 01:54:48 PM »
I am delighted to report that my gorgeous Bertie is now reserved! :D

He is going to be local to me which is fantastic as I can still have lots of Bertie cuddles  :luv: and is being adopted by a lovely family who adopted one of my foster springers last year.

Have to say that he is going to leave a giant hole here though, he is a very, very special boy  :luv:

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2011, 02:03:04 PM »
Thats fantastic news for Bertie  :D
Lovely for you too Adrienne that you will still be able to claim your well earned kisses from him.
Thats made my day.
xxx