Author Topic: Remedy at Many Tears  (Read 9075 times)

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Remedy at Many Tears
« on: April 14, 2012, 12:33:05 AM »

:luv: :luv: :luv:

13-04-12 Remedy was sadly returned from her previous home as her adopter was not well. She has been in foster with us for a few weeks, as she needed an operation on her eyes. Remedy has recovered well and at this point the vet is hopeful she won't have any more problems. She is a very special girl and has a huge fan club wherever she goes, the vets, training classes, my hairdresser, the local cafe her fans will stand and admire her beautiful looks and even lovelier temperament. She gets on well with dogs, both males and females and is happy to snuggle up with the cat. She already knows quite a few commands and is very clean in the house. Although she will need at least one doggie friend, Remedy is very people focused and needs a home with lots of company where she can follow her family around and get fully involved in all aspects of family life and enjoy nice long walks. We have nicknamed her Lulu as she really is a superstar who deserves to live a five star life from now on.

PLEASE NOTE: We nearly always home ex-breeding dogs where there is ALREADY A RESIDENT DOG living in the house. They have usually never lived in a house before and are only used to canine company.  They usually get their confidence and learn faster with another dog to copy from. This also helps with house training and learning how to walk on a lead. They will make lovely pets but do need a lot of love, time and patience. If the ex breeding dog you are interested in can be an only dog it will say so in its write up.  Please read our information on adopting ex breeding dogs before you apply.

BEING FOSTERED IN BIRKENHEAD, MERSEYSIDE

Please read our Adoption Procedures before applying and then complete the Adoption Form. You will be contacted within 24 hours. If successful you will be home checked and you, all members of your family and any dog(s) who will be living with the dog MUST come to meet the dog you want to adopt. All our dogs are micro-chipped, have had at least their first inoculation and are spayed/neutered unless there is a medical reason for not doing so.
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
Re: Remedy at Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 07:38:24 PM »
She is lovely.  Hope she is tucked up in a lovely new home very soon.

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 04:25:18 PM »
she is stunning and im sure wont be waiting long for her forever home  :luv: :luv:
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline cfordham2710

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 07:42:37 PM »

:luv:  Thud    :luv:

Offline Dinah

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 08:15:41 PM »
I was lucky enough to meet Remedy on the foster run.  She's a beauty, and has come on so well in her fosterhome. :blink: 

Offline colettew

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 02:35:43 PM »
I have just joined Cockers Online, so are new to all this!

Remedy is so lovely. I have been looking at her now for the past week on HMT website. We would be interested in Remedy but we don't have a resident dog. We lost our beloved blue roan nearly two years and are just at the stage of contemplating getting a rescue cocker. I contacted HMT and asked if Remedy would be OK as an only dog, but they said they didn't know and that I should wait until the Foster carers posts some more info in the site. I will just have to be patient!

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 02:45:45 PM »
Hi Colette :D
Welcome to CoL.
Opening your home and heart
to a doggie in need is such a
lovely thing to do :angel:
I'm sorry to read that your
previous cocker has gone to the bridge :'(,
but it's a testament to them that you are
now ready to let another cocker into
your life.
I hope you find your new friend soon.
steffxxx
ps you could put an introduction
about yourself on the "introductions"
board

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 06:53:19 PM »

16-05-12 UPDATE

Remedy is a very special girl and has lots of lovely applications but we haven't find one that is just right for her yet. Not only is she stunning looking but she is loving and clever too. The picture shows her in the park practising today her recall and stay before she does her bronze Good Citizens in a couple of weeks. She loves everything in life people, cats, dogs, children but does love to chase birds. Well she is a cocker after all. She is a pleasure to take out everywhere, she especially likes going out to do home checks for her Many Tears friends and walks beautifully on a lead or off lead when in safe places. Remedy loves people and hates to be apart from her family so will need to have someone that is home with her all day and who will let her share a corner of their bedroom too! Remedy unfortunately has a few health issues which her new family will need to consider. She has a mild heart murmur which at the moment does not affect her at all, but may need treatment in the future. She recently had an operation to remove her extra eyelashes and ones that were curling in on her eyes (entropion). She has recovered very well from this but there is a chance the lashes may re-grow and would have to be removed again. Having sore eyes for so long has also affected her vision a bit but being a spaniel her nose is much more important to everyday life! Remedy also needs to use Optimmune ointment each day for life, as she has a condition called "dry eye" but having seen the difference this makes to her eyes, it's well worth the expense for this special girl. So if you want a constant companion and can afford to take on a high maintenance glamour girl with brains please do get in touch.
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 06:55:18 PM »

26-06-12 UPDATE

Remedy has been a busy girl recently. She has been enjoying long walks, going to training classes each week and passed her Bronze KC Good Citizens with ease. She is now about to do her Silver KC Good Citizens and loves practicing her training as it involves lots of sausages. We would love a home where she could continue her training as she has great potential. Remedy has been battling a fashion dilemma of late as she couldn't decide whether to grow her hair long, as her blonde wig was so much admired and part of her bouncy glamorous personality, but on the advice from Mike at Classie grooming she has gone for a new summer look and very patiently sat to be handstripped like the glamour girl she is. I have to agree her new look has taken years off her, even if she is too tired to get out of bed to show it off! Remedy is such a happy girl that just wants to be with her people whenever she can and travels in the car well. She is a perfect family dog that loves to join in everything and is slowly getting the hang of chasing balls and retrieving toys. We will miss her so much but want her to be able to find a perfect home with lots of long walks, companionship, doggy friends and somewhere where she will be adored as she deserves.
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 07:31:50 PM »
She's adorable. It won't be long before some lucky person takes her home.

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 07:47:27 AM »
 :luv:just beautiful with her swanky
new haircut....
Hey and brains as well as beauty...
Well done on your Bronze "Lulu" :luv:
and good luck for your Silver :blink:
steffxxx

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 09:19:30 AM »
Oh i wish we could.....

She is just gorgeous, and such a clever girl! Hope she isn't waiting long

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline Pauline T

• Charlie Boy
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 10:56:40 AM »
Oh no I shouldnt have looked... but OH is adamant, no more  :'(
Pauline & Charlie xx
A dog can say more with a quick wag of his tail than many people who talk for hours. - Louis Armstrong

Offline maddy74

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 11:56:37 AM »
She is going to be a cracking best friend to some one soon, I just know it. Im like you pauline T would have another tmw but my OH says no too  :'(

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 11:24:00 AM »

I am amazed no one has taken on this sweet little girl....she is a little stunner  :luv:  she looks such a happy little girl in the pics
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly