Author Topic: William is learning to skateboard  (Read 852 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
William is learning to skateboard
« on: December 06, 2012, 10:34:46 PM »
William and I go to a training class on Thursday evenings. We're called the advanced class but I think that's just because most of the dogs and several of the owners are advancing in years :005:. It's really just an excuse for a group of us and our dogs to meet up every week. The dogs all get on well and have fun.

We don't do much serious stuff but we have fun trying different things with the dogs, either working in a group or as individuals. So a skateboard was brought along tonight and we all gave our dogs a go. I told William to "walk up" which is what I say when I want him to stand on the scales at the vets and he put his front paws on the board. That made it move along a bit and he just walked with his back paws while keeping the front ones on the board as though he'd done it before. He even stood all 4 paws on it and let me push it along the floor slowly. After that he lost the plot a bit, showing he doesn't really understand what's happening but is totally unfazed by the movement. Hope we can try again next week.

Offline fionad

Re: William is learning to skateboard
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 10:37:48 PM »
Our dear old Penny Black (now departed) loved to ride on a skate board. She used to "Play out" with the neighbourhood kids and would bark and bark until they gave her a go, ears flying in the wind.

Happy memories :luv:

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 11:01:32 PM »
Oh Elaine you have to take a camera with you next week  :luv:

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 11:02:57 PM »
Sounds like great fun Elaine. Here's something for William to aspire to - watch right through, skateboarding starts at 1.30 minutes :D

click here

Offline PennyB

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 12:25:52 AM »
Sounds like fun and a great class to go to
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 09:05:22 AM »
 :luv: He's a clever boy  :luv:  (But if he starts wearing a baseball cap back to front and wearing his skirt too low Elaine its time to stop!  :shades: :005:)
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Ralu A

• Elmo
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 09:23:27 AM »
That's great. I ride a skateboard with Elmo running after me, but I don't think I could manage to get him to ride  :luv: :005:
Life is just better with two cockers :D
Raluca, Elmo and Scai
IMG_33556 by Ralu A

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 11:44:26 AM »
Sounds like great fun Elaine. Here's something for William to aspire to - watch right through, skateboarding starts at 1.30 minutes :D

click here

I don't think he'll ever be that good :o. How great to see some English bulldogs looking fit and active :blink:

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 02:33:53 PM »

click here

I don't think he'll ever be that good :o. How great to see some English bulldogs looking fit and active :blink:

He's fabulous isn't he, I have that video saved on my favourites, and I agree about seeing English bulldogs so active and healthy.  :shades:

Be interesting to see if William's confidence grows next time you try him with the board  :D

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »
What a clever boy  :clapping: well done William  :luv:

don't go trying too many clever tricks before you're ready though!

"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope